Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP Overhaul?!?
04-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Hey guys, this missed me the first few times I read threw it but then my jaw droped.. thoughts??
(yes I read dev posts multiple times lol)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...17#post4163517

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Yep! A shuttle 5-man is scheduled for release next week! I'll be posting a Dev Blog about it on Wednesday or so.

Because of the UGC publishing bug going on right now, we are going to move "Foundry Challenge #2 Voting (Forums)" to the 25th.

Then, comes May And we've got something special planned that will happen throughout the month, but I can't share details juuuuuust yet -- I will say that it is very community oriented.

But, please know that the team is "heads down" preparing, designing, creating and programming for Season 6's launch (current ETA is mid-June) -- Season 6 is slated to bring Fleet Starbases, a new ground invasion, new 5-man events, new 20-man events that take place at your Fleet Starbase, Starbase construction missions, the beginning of PvP overhaul, and new Foundry updates.

I am so excited for you to see it all, and we will share more details as we get closer. It's going to be an EPIC spring/summer for STO!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Good, it needs an overhaul, I'm really sick of seeing most people come in shuttles and tier 1 cruisers and camp the spawn or sitting idle at the respawn screen just to get their daily dilithium, they need to make it so only people who actually want to pvp are pvping, not people who just go in for their win or lose rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2012, 12:05 AM
whatever architecture they are preparing for neverwinder is going to be fitted to sto. beyond that theres no details yet
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2012, 01:36 AM
i thought they did that already when they revamped the ground stuff?

and i'll believe it when i see it. just another promise on the long list of broken promises...

werent we supposed to get a new pvp map with the last FE?...
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716

and i'll believe it when i see it.
Exactly this.
Pretty much every new season is purported to have pvp updates or content.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Season 6 is slated to bring Fleet Starbases, a new ground invasion, new 5-man events, new 20-man events that take place at your Fleet Starbase, Starbase construction missions, the beginning of PvP overhaul, and new Foundry updates.
TRANSLATED:

A master key lottery is slated to bring Fleet Starbases, a new ground invasion, new 5-man events, new 20-man events that take place at your $5000 lottery acquired Fleet Starbase, key unlocked Starbase construction missions, the beginning of PvP overhaul (we are removing PvP from the game and instead providing my little pony dialogs), and new purchasable Foundry updates so that you can pay us money to create new content for us.

LOL... Sorry, I couldn't help myself...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
TRANSLATED:

A master key lottery is slated to bring Fleet Starbases, a new ground invasion, new 5-man events, new 20-man events that take place at your $5000 lottery acquired Fleet Starbase, key unlocked Starbase construction missions, the beginning of PvP overhaul (we are removing PvP from the game and instead providing my little pony dialogs), and new purchasable Foundry updates.

Ill be the first to sell Starbases on the exchange. Sonicshower Real estate LLC
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
TRANSLATED:

A master key lottery is slated to bring Fleet Starbases, a new ground invasion, new 5-man events, new 20-man events that take place at your $5000 lottery acquired Fleet Starbase, key unlocked Starbase construction missions, the beginning of PvP overhaul (we are removing PvP from the game and instead providing my little pony dialogs), and new purchasable Foundry updates so that you can pay us money to create new content for us.

Hey now, MLP is actually pretty entertaining. Therefore the lolcryptic wouldn't put anything to do with it in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2012, 05:24 AM
well hopefully cryptic are true to the word on the PVP content. Kerrat is empty most of the time, except last night when a few of us klingons were heavly out numbered by feds. It provided a very entertaining 30mins, got killed a good few times and killed a few feds. Would certainly love a few more mission where you can come into direct confrontation with the opposing faction. But i won't hold my breath as it seems from comments here that PVP improvements have been promised several times and never lived up to expectations. Hopefully this update will surpass all our expectations
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Seems like an awful lot on their plate.