Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Tis true, The BortasQu' and Bortas move so slow even the Voquv pilots laugh as they race by............
Throttle control and the use of EngBatts and Duet burn can help this though.

If BO3 strikes one can see a damage output of a average of 24k from a DBB while a BA will come in at around 10k-12k if lucky. Of course that just may be my experience and skilling can cuase it to differ.

Of course due to the BO3 miss issues, one may go with BO2 and have a CRF1 & 2 instead.
Well when I tested my original layout, the Dual Beam Bank overload (I had 4 up front so there would be a 100% chance of using a DBB for the Beam Overload) did upwards of 14k damage with BO2, while a BA overload did about 8K.

Now that I think of it, I could replace BFAW2 on my current build with BO2 and put in an extra Dual Beam Bank. I would still have a damage spike and my heals.

Amazing what happens when you have a discussion with another player lol.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91

Amazing what happens when you have a discussion with another player lol.
Think tanking the second most OP thing about STO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Think tanking the second most OP thing about STO.
Is cash the first most OP thing about STO?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
Is cash the first most OP thing about STO?
No comment comes to mind that would not have me back in solitary..........................
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Using it right now in elite stf's and pve.
Don't like it.
The bop sucks. And this is a big one for me because since it is such a big ship and needs to have the target in front to be effective(unlike the oddy) the bop is really the only dps you have.
Don't like going full throttle and teleporting my target in front of me just to run right over him.

This ship needs a karfi style makeover
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Don't like it.
The bop sucks. And this is a big one for me because since it is such a big ship and needs to have the target in front to be effective(unlike the oddy) the bop is really the only dps you have.
Don't like going full throttle and teleporting my target in front of me just to run right over him.

I actually never considered the Special consoles it came with (maybe the Disruptor cannon thingy) as being more than fluff.
The BortasQu' are designed with the Klingon concept of face your enemy and fight for a game that states the Circle and shoot method for cruisers is better. If the consoles where of a design that leaned towards the Klingon idea of being a tough gun boat over a big slow raptor, then it would have faired better.
Something along the lines of extra built in turrets or somesuch.
Now it just makes for a tough cruiser beamboat before anything else.
I find it fun though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Don't like it.

As I mentioned before, if you take all the consoles off it and just run it as a bigger, tougher Negh'var (with variation), then it performs admirably.

In my opinion, it's best feature is it's versatility. Sure we would all want a Commander Universal Station instead of a LTC Universal and the like, but we can't have everything in life.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Which is why I don't like it.

In elite stf's the only way to take down the structures in reasonable time is with kinetic energy (torps).
You need maneuverability/torps or a working pet.

With this you have none
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
The question is whether there is any good build for a Bortasqu that can't be done better with a VorCha. I haven't seen one yet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Which is why I don't like it.

In elite stf's the only way to take down the structures in reasonable time is with kinetic energy (torps).
You need maneuverability/torps or a working pet.

With this you have none
Not true. I've taken down Nanite Transformers, Generators, even the Gateways with nothing but Beam or Dual Heavy Cannons and still got the optionals

@ Naevius: Nothing except for a more Engineering focused build. And even then, that could be done just as good, if not better in a Negh'var.

I might grind the dilithium and get me a Vor'cha Retrofit if I wanted more of a bite with a cruiser. But for anything else, I'll stick with the BortasQu'.