Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Which is why I don't like it.

In elite stf's the only way to take down the structures in reasonable time is with kinetic energy (torps).
You need maneuverability/torps or a working pet.

With this you have none
I've used mine in only two STFs, KA and the Cure, on elite and while I was responsible for us failing the optional the 1st time (silly beams kept firing after I had a transformer down to 10%), we did well on subsequent attempts.
I will be honest though, I have a much easier time completing STFs in a BoP and I play teh BortasQu' mainly to be a healboat for Pugging in PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
The question is whether there is any good build for a Bortasqu that can't be done better with a VorCha. I haven't seen one yet.
Easy answer, No. The BortasQu' is not any better than the existing battle Cruisers ingame. A failing of its design in my opinion as this vessel should have only one purpose - battle field combat control, a floating bunker and staging point, a CNC vessel with Crush and Conquer being the definition.
Of course I don't find it any worse iether in many aspects if one resigns oneself to play it as a DPV support vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
You use a bop in an elite stf? Wow. Those are some big bachee balls you are carrying.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
You use a bop in an elite stf? Wow. Those are some big bachee balls you are carrying.
lol- it worked well enough on cranking out the damage but died no less than anything else flown in a STF.
Of course if the STF death penalty goes live, I wouldn't be as quick to use a BoP in one.

EDIT: in case you where curiuos the set-up for that BoP was this;

TT1 CRF1 BO3 CRF3
TT1 APB1 THY3
EPTS1 A2D1
EPTS1 A2D1 worked really well for damage but is reliant on hull heals from another player and has excellent mobility.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
I had to save more than one BOP who was stupid enough to stay still and try to tank the Tactical Cube in Infected Space.

In my BortasQu' mind you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-17-2012, 11:47 AM
I just wish they would stay within Extend shields range when PuGing in Ker'rat.
I'm more than happy to waddle my BortasQu' close to the fedball and keep the heals going if they will do thier DPS blow things up magic.
Lt. Commander
I run a covariant MK11 on my raptor and can tank pretty well.
I will not bother anyone with my build. However, the exact same build worthless on the Bortasqu.
Shields are paper thin. They should at least be the same as the Raptor no?
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I run the following on the command cruiser c-store variant. It is built for STFs, don't care for PvP so would likely suck in that.

Boffs:
TT1, CRF1, APO1
TT1, CRF1

ET1, A2SIF1, EptS3, AB3
ST1
HE1, TSS2

Consoles:
2x Neutronium's, borg, plasmonic leech
Field Generator, Shield Emitter
Energy x2, Theta Radiation, Auto Cannon

Ship gear:
Disruptor energy type used to sync with auto cannon.
2x MKXII borg Dual Heavy cannons, 1x MKXII borg Dual Cannon, 1x MKXII borg Photon torp
4x MKXII borg turrets
MKXII Honor Guard deflector
MKXII Honor Guard shield
Borg engine

Doffs:
2x borg Projectile officers (improve cooldown on torp)
2x Damage control officers (the ones that buff emergency power cooldown times)
1x Conn officer (to buff TT1 and APO1)

Can tank pretty much everything on elite including Donata (bar the uber weapon obviously) and dish out a fair bit of DPS, I think anyway.
Gates and tac cubes have to be a little careful with but other wise can solo regular cubes, spheres, negvars and raptors easily.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Question? How did you solve it's two legged Targ rate of turn?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den3067
I run a covariant MK11 on my raptor and can tank pretty well.
I will not bother anyone with my build. However, the exact same build worthless on the Bortasqu.
Shields are paper thin. They should at least be the same as the Raptor no?
Have you tried cycling two Emergency Power to Shields abilities and possibly using a tactical team or Rotate Shield Polarity with them?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad84 View Post
I run the following on the command cruiser c-store variant. It is built for STFs, don't care for PvP so would likely suck in that.

Boffs:
TT1, CRF1, APO1
TT1, CRF1

ET1, A2SIF1, EptS3, AB3
ST1
HE1, TSS2

Consoles:
2x Neutronium's, borg, plasmonic leech
Field Generator, Shield Emitter
Energy x2, Theta Radiation, Auto Cannon

Ship gear:
Disruptor energy type used to sync with auto cannon.
2x MKXII borg Dual Heavy cannons, 1x MKXII borg Dual Cannon, 1x MKXII borg Photon torp
4x MKXII borg turrets
MKXII MACO deflector
MKXII MACO shield
Borg engine

Doffs:
2x borg Projectile officers (improve cooldown on torp)
2x Damage control officers (the ones that buff emergency power cooldown times)
1x Conn officer (to buff TT1 and APO1)

Can tank pretty much everything on elite including Donata (bar the uber weapon obviously) and dish out a fair bit of DPS, I think anyway.
Gates and tac cubes have to be a little careful with but other wise can solo regular cubes, spheres, negvars and raptors easily.
How did you get MACO on a KDF ship? I take it you meant Klingon Honor Guard or Omega.
DO you find the ApO1 to help considerably with the turn and speed?
Don't sell yourslef short on PvP, the learning curve is steep but easily attainable and many in the PvP corner of the game are willing to be helpful.