Lt. Commander
# 51
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm impressed.

A lot of really good fixes, hopefully the toned down Cubes/Tac cubes and damage of STF Borg in general will help compensate for the new death timer & overall reduction in shield capacities.

Looking forward to my MVAE pets to actually fly in formation.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Corrected spelling of hanger item "Tachyon Drone".
...but not the spelling of the word "hangar" in the patch notes, lolz. :p
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
The Gold Ferengi Lock Box is now Bind on Pickup.
/GergeTakei Oh my...

Guess we won't be seeing *these* on the Exchange...
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
  • The Gold Ferengi Lock Box is now Bind on Pickup.
Good.

Quote:
  • Federation Ferengi outfit packs can no longer be opened by KDF characters.
Again, this is good. Ferengi trash should not pollute the Empire.

Quote:
  • All STFs now feature a respawn timer that gets progressively longer every time a player dies and respawns, up to a max respawn time of 2 minutes.
This is excellent. This will promote actual teamwork and less mindless Zerging.

Quote:
  • The time stack will clear after 3 minutes of play without a death.
I thought I read somewhere that the timer was supposed to be 5 minutes. I think this is where it should be instead of 3.

Quote:
  • Mission completion loot bags on Space STFs will now spawn at the player’s position on the map, instead of central location on the map.
This is also awesome. And this will also promote survival. If you don’t want to go hunting around for your loot bag, you shouldn’t be dying.

Quote:
  • The drop rate for Mark XII Borg Tech has been increased.
I hope this will not be increased TOO much. Some of us worked hard for our gear. It would not mean as much if literally everyone is running around with it on. When you increased the rare tech “slightly” I now get spammed with it constantly. I have in upwards of 30+ rare techs in my inventory at all times that I cash in regularly to max out my 8k dilithium per day.

Quote:
  • Players must now clear the majority of the the upper levels of the underground facility before they can proceed deeper into the base.
Good. This creates more of a challenge. The ONLY thing I can see with this is when tested on tribble, the Borg tend to respawn in the upper areas after a while. As long as respawns do not screw with the timer, we will be all right.

Quote:
  • The Optional Objective timer starts after leaving the first room.
Finally . . . KAGE will actually be somewhat of a challenge. Right now KAGE is WAY too easy. Try to form a group for CGE or IGE and its slow going. Put a single call-out for KAGE and you get spammed with 50,000 replies from lazy folks who want to do nothing BUT KAGE. I am hoping this will even things up a bit and not make KAGE such a lazy gathering point for EDC farmers.

Quote:
  • The pets will now properly attack the transformers.
Nice. I might actually start using my pets in STFs now. I never launched them before because they never attacked gates. It will be good to get a little more DPS on such tasks.

Quote:
  • Slightly reduced damage output of all classes of STF Borg.
I do not think this was needed. The Borg Collective is already so easy to fight that there are no thought processes or strategy put into it. We just run through plowing over them as if they were nothing.

Quote:
  • Cubes and Tactical Cubes saw a slightly greater reduction, percentage-wise.
. . . Why? Have you SEEN how fast we can take a cube down? It takes a simple KDF Raptor with hardly any defenses 3.2 seconds to take down a standard storyline mission cube. According to my parser, it takes the same Raptor only 10 seconds to completely off an STF cube solo, without any help from teammates at all. I can’t solo a TAC cube, but the team is usually on that anyway, and it goes down insanely fast. I honestly believe the ONLY thing with cubes that needed addressed were the invisible 1-shot torpedoes, which the Devs did already say they were addressing in this next patch, which is awesome. Other than that, PLEASE quit reducing the Borg’s damage. They are already boring enough to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearODice View Post
...but not the spelling of the word "hangar" in the patch notes, lolz. :p
Hahahah nice catch. I always proofread the notes, but this one slipped by me. (As did that other one someone else pointed out but I forgot just now.)
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Hahahah nice catch. I always proofread the notes, but this one slipped by me. (As did that other one someone else pointed out but I forgot just now.)
And I thought I was memorable.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Just finished reading the Rel;ease Notes.

Haven';t been here in a whoile but when I heard the Gold boxes would go back to being bound, I made sure to rush over here and get more detils. I am glad it is just Bind on Pickup and not Bound to whatherver character you current have it linked to in inventory.

In eiother event, I made sure to send many of my Gold loickboxes over to my new Captained Ferengi. Hopefully he will finally get a ship worthy of the name ... Profit.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelandaea View Post
I hope this will not be increased TOO much. Some of us worked hard for our gear. It would not mean as much if literally everyone is running around with it on. When you increased the rare tech “slightly” I now get spammed with it constantly. I have in upwards of 30+ rare techs in my inventory at all times that I cash in regularly to max out my 8k dilithium per day.
You realize that there are some of us who played constantly since December and not even have a single MK12 piece after 600 and 800 STFs? You know how frustrating that makes us, especially with you bragging of "I got so much tech that I trash them" attitude?

This is why many hardcore people are quitting, because we are getting nothing for our effort.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-18-2012, 12:11 AM
are these the patch notes that are going live now ???
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You realize that there are some of us who played constantly since December and not even have a single MK12 piece after 600 and 800 STFs? You know how frustrating that makes us, especially with you bragging of "I got so much tech that I trash them" attitude?

This is why many hardcore people are quitting, because we are getting nothing for our effort.
You completely misread what I posted. I wasn't bragging at all. I just said I hope they don’t make it TOO much easier like they did the rare tech. I SUPPORT increased drop rates. I just wanted to put in feedback that I hope they don’t make them as common as they did the rare tech. There needs to be a compromise that rewards those who stuck with the program and grinded for their gear, balanced with keeping it rare as it should be. I have 4 more characters and their bridge officers to get their Mk XII gear, and I think it WOULD be nice to have an increased drop rate - just not AS much as they did with the rare tech.