Career Officer
# 1 Rip in peace Maelstrom?
09-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Well, looks like this ship will truly be retired when DR hits. Upgrading the Maelstrom to T5-U will result in it becoming a Tempest T5-U. I already own both ships, but I don't need two Tempests.

So, for us Maelstrom captains, will you hold on to your Maelstrom, or dismiss it? Any fond memories? Between the Tempest and the Maelstrom, what do you like? What do you not like? Do you want a Maelstrom T5-U?
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 2
09-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Well, looks like this ship will truly be retired when DR hits. Upgrading the Maelstrom to T5-U will result in it becoming a Tempest T5-U. I already own both ships, but I don't need two Tempests.

So, for us Maelstrom captains, will you hold on to your Maelstrom, or dismiss it? Any fond memories? Between the Tempest and the Maelstrom, what do you like? What do you not like? Do you want a Maelstrom T5-U?
You do know you can use the Maelstrom skin on the Tempest right? At least mine has that option,...
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Career Officer
# 3
09-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelogik View Post
You do know you can use the Maelstrom skin on the Tempest right? At least mine has that option,...
I know. I should clarify that I was more concerned about the ship itself, since I prefer the Maelstrom's bridge layout over the Tempest.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 4
09-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Quote:
I know. I should clarify that I was more concerned about the ship itself, since I prefer the Maelstrom's bridge layout over the Tempest.
yeah I get what you're saying. I'm moving over to the Charal. It has the same boff layout as the Maelstrom and has 5 forward weapons and will have 5 tac stations once upgraded. It's as close as you can get and in a few ways better. You also won't have to deal with all the upgrading junk with alts.
Captain
# 5
09-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Quote:
I assume you mean the old Fleet version with CDR Tac, LTCDR Tac, Lt. Eng, Lt. Sci, and Ensign Universal?

If it becomes the same BOFF layout of the new one, I will keep the old, and get a new Fleet Tempest to upgrade (if possible).
Captain
# 6
09-13-2014, 03:34 AM
I think I'll hang onto mine, it'll be even more of a novelty ship, maybe I'll fly it again sometime.