Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31 Levelling
09-17-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't know. I like the fact that our options are open, but I don't like that through time you can obtain all the ships. I like ballance. I played wow for years and the only thing that drove me nuts was when I saw that a man with no skill could outmatch the actually good player just because he gave up his life for the game. Time should not be an excuse for dying to the hands of a lesser skilled player. I think that seperation in skills and actual isolation of skills based on what "class" you choose would be a good thing. From what I understand, this exists only on ground combat. So far, all I have heard is that there will not be pvp based ground combat. That is the only flaw I can see so far.

=Spiderrman=
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
09-17-2009, 07:15 PM
very interesting. wish i could get a security kit for my engineer :\
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
09-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderrman
I don't know. I like the fact that our options are open, but I don't like that through time you can obtain all the ships. I like ballance. I played wow for years and the only thing that drove me nuts was when I saw that a man with no skill could outmatch the actually good player just because he gave up his life for the game. Time should not be an excuse for dying to the hands of a lesser skilled player. I think that seperation in skills and actual isolation of skills based on what "class" you choose would be a good thing. From what I understand, this exists only on ground combat. So far, all I have heard is that there will not be pvp based ground combat. That is the only flaw I can see so far.

=Spiderrman=
Well, the thing to consider is that acquiring all of the ship skills means that he isn't going to have the skills in weapons, or shields, or whatever other skills, so he won't be able to mount those nice quantum torpedoes, or have access to the best pulse weapons. Having access to all Ships != victory.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
09-17-2009, 07:19 PM
This makes me happy, very happy.

Why can't this game be out already...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
09-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Sounds cool, I want to know the exact classes/professions you can play though. I am assuming Tactical officer, Science officer, Medical, Engineer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
09-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trido View Post
Yeah, I think this will be like Pre-CU SWG in that there are no levels. Just skills.
Yah lets just hope it doesn't follow the same mistakes as SWG...hasn't this been said a thousand times... I agree though, you will have a wider range of ptions avaliable to, unlike now in SWG commando is the same basically, every Bounty Hunter is a bounty hunter, there is no uniquness, everyone is just one big blah.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
09-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin View Post
Sounds cool, I want to know the exact classes/professions you can play though. I am assuming Tactical officer, Science officer, Medical, Engineer.
I think its only engineer, tactical and science.

medical most likely falls under science.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse1987 View Post
I think its only engineer, tactical and science.

medical most likely falls under science.
^ that......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenatevi View Post
Well, the thing to consider is that acquiring all of the ship skills means that he isn't going to have the skills in weapons, or shields, or whatever other skills, so he won't be able to mount those nice quantum torpedoes, or have access to the best pulse weapons. Having access to all Ships != victory.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------That is a good point. do you think the points to man ships will be the same points for advancements for things like weaponry to that extent?

=Spiderrman=
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Id like to know if Cryptic is ready to have thier star trek game torn down and rebuilt through cries for nerfs and pvp complaints. I wont even go into fight clubbing.
_______________________________

Thankyou for the skillbased information.. lots of good info there.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 AM.