Lt. Commander
# 1 We need better communication!
04-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Dear PW/Cryptic Studios,

Please consider putting monthly polls or questionaries’ with multiple choice answers on the launch login screen! We need you to really collect our feedback in a meaningful way! What better way than to allow us to take a few moments to answer a few questions before we log in and play? Seriously, what could it hurt to ask us a few questions and get our input?

Ask questions like:

What Ship would you like to see next in our C-Store? Then provide a list of ships that have already been approved by CBS. Focus on the one with the most demand first as it will equal consumer satisfaction and profits for you.

What minor race ship would you like to see in our next lockbox event? Then provide a list of at least two or more options that have already been approved by CBS or whatever needs to be done. Such as licensing etc.!

What content development focus is most important to you? Then give a few areas of current content development. Allow the players to choose what is most important for them. That should then be your focus.

With a tool as simple as polling and providing questionaries’ you guys can create a lot of consumer satisfaction. It is also really important to put these polls and questionaries on the launch screen! Everyone who plays the game will then see it before they launch the game! That way, you will get a huge amount of valuable feedback from those people you want to reach!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Signed!

and

Signed!

and

Signed!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-17-2012, 10:00 AM
very good idea
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2012, 12:06 PM
I totally agree with you its a very good way for cryptic to pay attention to our feedback
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2012, 02:55 PM
it, will not happen. Ever.

They don't want to hear from us. Take a look at the forums over all, they're not in a good place right now. More and more folks are getting tired of boxes, bugs and all the other things that are currently going wrong.

Brandon, who used to be all over the forums, has virtually disappeared, save for the event threads.

The game, and the forum are in a bad way, and they didn't just get this way over night.

Good idea, but I doubt it will happen. And if it did, it wouldn't allow for any sort of feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
Brandon, who used to be all over the forums, has virtually disappeared, save for the event threads.
Wha???? I am in the forums everyday Look at the Dev Tracker (I was recently off on vacation, so there were no posts from me then)

As for the ideas here, it is an interesting idea! I often throw out questions on Facebook and Twitter, and most certaintly pass along a lot of feedback (whether I comment or not) from the forums. A lot of the questions are discussed through threads in the forums without even having to ask a question first (which is awesome, too!).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Wha???? I am in the forums everyday Look at the Dev Tracker (I was recently off on vacation, so there were no posts from me then)

As for the ideas here, it is an interesting idea! I often throw out questions on Facebook and Twitter, and most certaintly pass along a lot of feedback (whether I comment or not) from the forums. A lot of the questions are discussed through threads in the forums without even having to ask a question first (which is awesome, too!).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
But what about asking questions in the Realease Notes Thread?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-17-2012, 06:50 PM
I actually think this is by far one of the (if not THE) best ideas I've ever seen on here. The Star Trek Universe is so large and the fan base so huge that there really almost has to be a higher level of player/dev cooperation then really anything else ever done.

We all know that resources are stretched pretty thin so there is a huge amount of prioritizing when it comes to the development of the game.

Something that might even slightly expand on this idea would be to offer up a dilithium reward for completing a monthly survey, maybe 100 dil per question or something. That way you'd get a much larger base of players consistently submitting the surveys each month.

Also a new section on the forums where someone from the Dev team could take a few minutes to discuss/expand upon the highest and lowest rated parts of the survey. For example:

Would you rather see a new Federation Alien ship as a multi-mission string reward or just simply put in the
C-store.

I'm guessing the majority vote would be for multi-mission string reward so then on of the devs could start a thread in the new section discussing possible alien race for the new ship or ideas of something people would like to see in the missions.

Do you like the chances to the Field Generation console were: Good, Bad, Indifferent.

And again majority would probably say bad so then someone from dev team could lead a CONSTRUCTIVE NOT DESTRUCTIVE discussion on why players think there is a negative to the change.

A good deal of us know how hard the dev team works on new content and everything but largely it seems like players tend to think the Dev team doesn't do **** and the game is just turning into a profit *****. (I'm one of the ones that know how hard you all work)

Players need to see that the Devs care about our feedback and opinions, and most importantly Devs need to see that there is a large part of this community that is trying to help give constructive feedback/ positive feedback and not just all the Negativity that has been going on for awhile now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I was revering to your trademarked, patented and copyrighted, Added to my list of feed back line, however, given that you were on vacation, that, makes sense now.

Carry on gathering your list sir!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
How dare you go on a holiday! :p

Some regular feedback survey's either via the main Website or Login would be a great way to collect info in a more structured way. Consensus will always be the problem though.