Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
I personally would LOVE to hear more direct answers form Dstal, Gozer, Jam-Jamz etc. But I have seen a lot of negative back lash over what a dev says when the offer there personal opinion.

Take when Jam Jamz said to a response to getting the Ambassador class ingame; saying much to the effect "I don't like the look of the Ambassador and I don't see the need for another Tank Cruiser like the Galaxy." His personal opinion that was taken to be that "Cryptic wont put the Ambassador in game out of one Dev's spite."

I see this happen most every time a Dev makes a offhand comment about stuff that is still up in the air so they have been taught by the community not to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Just as long as there aren't any skewed questions in the questionnaire. Its easy to set up a survey to have the results say what you want them to even when its wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes

As for the ideas here, it is an interesting idea! I often throw out questions on Facebook and Twitter, and most certaintly pass along a lot of feedback (whether I comment or not) from the forums. A lot of the questions are discussed through threads in the forums without even having to ask a question first (which is awesome, too!).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
All of the ways you are gaining feedback from the community are good, but each one of them that you mentioned is outside of the game reaching very small segments of the total population!

With a survey, poll or questionnaire on the launch log in screen, it would be much easier to grab a lot more feedback from a much larger segment of the population. PW/Cryptic can even then kind of guide the feedback to what is possible for your teams.

Such as in my example about what Starships we want to see next in the C-Store. You see, we canít know, without you guys telling us, what you are allowed to do or not do. But, with what you are allowed to do, give us the option to give you feedback on what we would prefer that you do first.

All this requires of you is to do is, first tell us what you can or are working on, then ask us what is most important out of those options.

Mind you, keep gathering feedback from Twitter, Facebook and the Forums as that feedback is usually more detailed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
All of the ways you are gaining feedback from the community are good, but each one of them that you mentioned is outside of the game reaching very small segments of the total population!
I've repeatedly said they need to do more in game and on the forums. Right around launch they mentioned on the launcher and in email and on the forums that if we did a survey we could get 200 free CP's, well it was a big deal, TONS of folks did it, simply for that reason. If they did that again, they would get a lot more replies than on twitter or anywhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Okay BranFlankes
04-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Where are the answers to my questions like:

Lock Boxes? Can we disable them in the future?, They are annoying and a bother to gameplay?

Into the Hive? Book my Ticket to the Unimatrix or permently grounded? Target Date?

Connie Refit Teir 5 details

Children of khan? STF or just a dream?

Any of the suggestions we stated are you implementing in the game or Tribble server? All those wishlists and wants forums mean anything?

There are many more where that came from, so Mr. Flakes any answers?

Ill be here
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2012, 10:06 AM
no offense to Bran Flakes or anything... but PWE won't let Crypric do anything good... their plan is simply to squeeze money of of STO and then let it die. they know nothing of the western market and they aren't willing to listen. corporations, are corporations. STO is likely going to lose more and more of its fanbase until nothing remains and STO dies.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2012, 03:31 PM
I agree more polls would be nice, like what was in the forums when the game was first released.

Quote:
As for the ideas here, it is an interesting idea! I often throw out questions on Facebook and Twitter, and most certaintly pass along a lot of feedback (whether I comment or not) from the forums. A lot of the questions are discussed through threads in the forums without even having to ask a question first (which is awesome, too!).
I don't do twitter and I only check my facebook like once a month, I would be much more likely to see it on either the forums or in the "In Game Calender" ;)
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2012, 04:17 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that companies ignore their own website for Twitter and Facebook.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
It never ceases to amaze me that companies ignore their own website for Twitter and Facebook.
not me, it gives them all sorta room to get out of things, and given the recent developments, My feeling is they want all the wiggle room they can get so they have room to move. Hell they aren't afraid to do it on the forums either. From bug to working as intended, in less than a day, and all it took, was a re write of a FAQ.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2012, 07:40 PM
They completely ignore tribble feedback. What makes you think they'll listen to to polls?