04-17-2012, 02:15 PM
I wish so hard that I could go.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oorjuwa
So you guys planning on changing the nature of your work? a gradual transition

.......Why are Devs ignoring the lockbox thread?

The thread is huge and there is no way you could possibly miss it...
What do you want them to say? They aren't going anywhere. People are buying keys and opening boxes. They've acknowledged the gold-box-loot problem.

They aren't going to stop no matter how long/rage-y that thread gets.

So...what are you really expecting? Because, frankly, the incessant whining in every thread is WAY more annoying than the boxes/spam are.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Remember the Elvis song? 'Viva Las Lockbox'
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Fantastic! I've already booked my Captain's Chair ticket and am flying all the way from Australia.. First time at a star trek convention (a bit nervous actually but am so excited!!)
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
What do you want them to say? They aren't going anywhere. People are buying keys and opening boxes. They've acknowledged the gold-box-loot problem.

They aren't going to stop no matter how long/rage-y that thread gets.

So...what are you really expecting? Because, frankly, the incessant whining in every thread is WAY more annoying than the boxes/spam are.
Just report any post you find that's unrelated to the thread. Lock box comments belong in the lock box thread. This thread is about Star Trek Las Vegas and STO's presence in that convention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabsau View Post
Fantastic! I've already booked my Captain's Chair ticket and am flying all the way from Australia.. First time at a star trek convention (a bit nervous actually but am so excited!!)
Nothing to be nervous about. Last year was my first time ever at any convention and it was AMAZING. I was surprised to see how nice the people and celebrities are. I even ran across a few of the celebs at bars and restaurants and they were super nice.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Nothing to be nervous about. Last year was my first time ever at any convention and it was AMAZING. I was surprised to see how nice the people and celebrities are. I even ran across a few of the celebs at bars and restaurants and they were super nice.
Wow that sounds awesome. Looks like I will be having a blast. Can't wait till August. Hopefully the devs will be having another dine with the devs event.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabsau View Post
Wow that sounds awesome. Looks like I will be having a blast. Can't wait till August. Hopefully the devs will be having another dine with the devs event.
I hope so too, it was a nice relaxed atmosphere, just need a bigger restaurant . I also hope that they take the time to advertise the game a little. Last year PWE_BranFlakes (before he even worked for cryptic) took the initiative to plug the game by talking to Brent Spiner on stage and handing him a copy of it. It was a great move however it would have been better if STO had some official representation in this massive Star Trek convention.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-17-2012, 02:49 PM
too funny. so i guess we know where all the lock box money is going now. To pay for the Devs to party and gamble in Vegas.

I am sure they will pick up a few new business tips while they are there.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
It was a great move however it would have been better if STO had some official representation in this massive Star Trek convention.
Yes, this would be good. It is such a great opportunity to advertise this now Free to Play Star Trek game to star trek fans at the convention. I've actually met die-hard fans of the shows who have not heard of Star Trek Online. This is STO's chance to shine at the convention.

By the way - I was surprised at how many stars are appearing - almost all of them! Almost fell off my chair when I read the list.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-17-2012, 03:03 PM
I had such a blast with the Cryptic folks at last years LVCon. Looking forward to this year!
Closed Thread