Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
After watching a rerun of ST Enterprise episode - Terra Prime gave me the idea that the Xenophobic human ideologist group Terra Prime could rise again.

With new alliances being between the Federation and Romulans, and the Klingons and Romulans. This is an ideal opportunity for Terra Prime to rise again. This time however the main Terra Prime protagonist is an Undine infiltrator.

I think this could be ideal for a new set of feature episodes, taking Captains from all factions to integrate in settings they would not usually go to. For example a Federation player, not allied to the Romulans be able to visit Qo-nos and the newly formed Romulan command.

I know and appreciate doing something like this would be way off until maybe 3 years plus. I do feel however there is scope for this to be explored.

And it might also give the chance to all those Romulan Captains who want Tovan off their ship , to have him killed LOL
Live long and Prosper
Captain
# 2
08-30-2013, 11:22 AM
After about 250 years? Not likely. It is possible that a Xenophobic Human Terrorist organization could cause problems, but it won't be from Terra Prime. The closest we could get is a terrorist organization that decides to copy Terra Prime by using their name, but it won't be the same organization.
Captain
# 3
08-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
After about 250 years? Not likely. It is possible that a Xenophobic Human Terrorist organization could cause problems, but it won't be from Terra Prime. The closest we could get is a terrorist organization that decides to copy Terra Prime by using their name, but it won't be the same organization.
That is why I suggested an Undine infiltrator. I'm basing that on the lack of knowledge they had when Voyager came across the faximile of Starfleet in the Delta quadrant. Yes the Undine may of evolved in knowledge, but maybe not in fact.
Live long and Prosper
Republic Veteran
# 4
08-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Anti non humanoid party

if it don't have two arms two legs burn it

Lt. Commander
# 5
08-30-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't think a new rise of Terra Prime is that likely to be honest. Especially not when you consider the new found alliance with the Romulan Republic. Xenophobia does not really exist in the current Starfleet. Of course I suppose you could twist peoples hatred to that purpose if you tried hard enough. Hatred of Klingons, Borg etc, fear of the Undine but it would always be an extremist minority.

Terra Prime existed in Enterprise because of the period of uncertainty and the feeling by many that the Vulcans were holding humans back. Of course anything is possible for people who hold extreme viewpoints. Best you could hope for is perhaps a group that seeks to follow the ideals of Terra Prime to further their own particular agenda.

In all honesty you'd have more chance of a group like the Marquis rising again. Especially if you have some peace come about between Klingons and the Federation that leaves certain colonies on the wrong side of the fence.

As a sidenote Peter "Robocop" Weller stared as Terra Prime's leader in Enterprise and also as a Federation Admiral with his own agenda in Into Darkness. Timelines apart but talk about being typecast.

"You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
Captain
# 6
08-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris919uk View Post
I don't think a new rise of Terra Prime is that likely to be honest. Especially not when you consider the new found alliance with the Romulan Republic. Xenophobia does not really exist in the current Starfleet. Of course I suppose you could twist peoples hatred to that purpose if you tried hard enough. Hatred of Klingons, Borg etc, fear of the Undine but it would always be an extremist minority.

Terra Prime existed in Enterprise because of the period of uncertainty and the feeling by many that the Vulcans were holding humans back. Of course anything is possible for people who hold extreme viewpoints. Best you could hope for is perhaps a group that seeks to follow the ideals of Terra Prime to further their own particular agenda.

In all honesty you'd have more chance of a group like the Marquis rising again. Especially if you have some peace come about between Klingons and the Federation that leaves certain colonies on the wrong side of the fence.

As a sidenote Peter "Robocop" Weller stared as Terra Prime's leader in Enterprise and also as a Federation Admiral with his own agenda in Into Darkness. Timelines apart but talk about being typecast.
I great truthful honest answer.Thank You. That is what coming up with suggestions are all about. If an idea in it's original state is not workable, between us come up with ways to make it workable. I like the idea of a Marquis uprising, because that could involve being seconded into Section 31 to track down eliminate and destroy.

It annoys me in some way ideas are dismised immediately by some. A player with an idea may not be able to express clearly in words, as it is in thought. The written word can be misread in many ways and it's true meaning may not be as understood.

Ok that's my deep and meaningful spout for the decade LOL.

Again though thanks for giving it thought.
Live long and Prosper
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
At this point in Federation history, there's two major veins of thought that would prevent a new Terra Prime from being any more of a threat than the Circle was on Bajor.

1. Humans have been unified for over two hundred years with aliens, and have only benefitted from the arrangement, none of Terra Prime's predictions came true. Similar to going back on suffrage or emancipation. There are certainly people who want that, but to most of the world it's just been so long that the original arguments just sound silly and antiquated to us now.

2. Most people who might have fallen in for Terra Prime's stuff back before the Earth-Romulan war will now see the Federation surrounded by enemies (even if that's not entirely true, we're talking about a mindset like those Americans who think we should be waging a two front military campaign against everything and everybody thinking to come near the border), and Earth at the center of that surrounded by a nice, large buffer of allies. They'll recognize the stupidity of turning on that buffer of allies and leaving Earth surrounded by enemies who are surrounded by even bigger enemies.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-30-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm not usually one to shoot down someone's creativity, but seriously where is the common sense in this one?

Aliens and half-breed offspring are as common as seeing a chinese, natives, blacks, etc, etc. at this point in the timeline.

Sure with all the talk of adding Voyager themed assets into the game and most likely with that sections of the Delta Quadrant there are a few slim possibilities. The only way you'd really have something like this is if a ala Botany Bay cryogenic sleeper colony ship had a navigational failure and drifted to the Delta quadrant where the crew finally revived and managed to find a habitable world. Yeah then because of the outdated philosophy they might be xenophobic, but who cares it's not story/mission worthy, it's just filler.
Captain
# 9
08-30-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure what's worse now... Xenophobes who'd rather keep aliens off our planet (or eliminate them from all realties/universes/existence), or some small group of people in the real world who are completely against us colonizing space (even if it means our survival to do so). I guess extremes always exist within the human psyche in one way or another... like maybe a group that tells us that thinking for ourselves and taking our own destiny in our hands is an act of evil... O_O
Rihannsu
# 10
08-30-2013, 02:34 PM
While I agree a group like Terra Prime is unlikely, you know what I could see coming out:

The New Essentialists.

For those that don't feel like reading Memory Alpha, they were basically the social conservative/neocons of the Federation (and before anyone gets any ideas that I'm pulling politics into this, go watch "Let He Who Is Without Sin..." this is so blatant in the episode that it get uncomfortable to watch because of how obvious it is that they're meant to be that.).

However, they would fit in perfectly, pushing for a real-politick attitude instead of idealism in foreign affairs, and pushing for an even more militarized Federation and Starfleet.

Huh, doing some research over on Memory Beta reveals that they've been mentioned in STO tie in novels, so bringing them in would be easy enough.
Ahr'ih'kheid, aei u'rhaarh: Heis'he ishae, Kheh'irho ishae, Llaiir ishae, Jahkaer ishae, Merht ahr'lhao draed lli lloannvher.

Certain it is and sure: Love burns, Ale burns, Fire burns, Politics burns. But cold were life without them. - The Romulan Way