Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey Community,

On several different threadsl it was pointed out by senior members, moderators and PWE_BranFlakes regarding Gold boxes; that according to the Ferengi Gold Box FAQ they have a "Slightly different list of rewards". Now we have all read people getting rewards aside from 1 lobi crystal from the Green box rewards list and it was pointed out here by PWE_BranFLakes that you should submit a ticket to a GM if you receive items like armor/deflectors/dual consumables on this thread

So the Gold FAQ's "Slightly different list of rewards" has listed: Ferengi DíKora Marauder Class Starship, Cross-Faction Starship Console, Ferengi Gambling Device, Ferengi Duty Officer Pack, Large Commendation XP Boost, Consumable Combat Pet (not in bold like the other items), Holographic Combat Drone Pet, Holonovel Code Fragment, Lobi Crystals*

Seems fair after what you read, but according to a GM response, their idea of fixing it is not to address the Gold box bug of rewarding Green box list but rather to "Update the FAQ shortly". So we have all been given the royal colonic irrigation treatment and the devs are taking the easy way out.

Here is the GM's reply to all my tickets sent about incorrect rewards received from Gold boxes, both boxes were dual consumables, both times I received an automated response leaving the frustrated thinking ie: we know about it, we don't want to address it properly, this is our lame way to cover our backsides.

Quote:
"Removed reply as I have been informed that posting private correspondence from a Customer Service ticket is also an infractable offense and I am not out to offend but to inform"
I would also like to point out that in the FAQ under Gold Boxes for Lobi Crystals it says
Quote:
"Lobi Crystals*. Higher numbers of Lobi Crystals are available in the Gold Ferengi Lock Box."
and for the Green box it says
Quote:
"Lobi Crystals* that will be accepted as currency at a vendor that sells new specialty items."
Each time I got a consumable I received 1 Lobi Crystal which is not a "higher" amount then described.

So either this GM got the information wrong or they are just reading the headers of the tickets and pasting the above automated response to quickly address the ticket or we are have been mislead by Cryptic and they are taking the easy way out instead of fixing anything.

I would like a response from PWE_BranFlakes thankyou
Lt. Commander
Threads I posted to different forums were combined here with the same message, so to avoid being banned I have edited them out.
Lt. Commander
# 3 delicate spam rules
04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Thread moved here along with duplicate posts.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Removed to avoid spam rules
04-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Thread moved here with same post attached.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I personally got 2 lobi crystal from a gold box.

And that was it.

Nothing else.

I want those 30 seconds of my life back along with my master key.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Indeed this is being fixed in the easiest way ...not the correct way. It is not unknown in the Customer service industry to fix a small number of problems by hand so to speak, but once it reaches a large number of reports, to change the method used to a cheaper or quicker soloution.

On another point:
The phrase "Lobi Crystals*. Higher numbers of Lobi Crystals are available in the Gold Ferengi Lock Box."

Can still logically give you 1. Its possible the range on gold is 1-100 crystals and green is 1-20 for example

Would be nice to get answers on this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2012, 09:01 PM
I am hearing this too. There should be an explanation given for this.

MODERATORS: This thread should not be moved, merged, or banished to bugs or C-Store. This is highly relevant discussion of STO that is NOT the same as the other threads. I am speaking specifically, by name, to BranFlakes and the community moderators here. You have already suppressed a thread like this - this is an extremely high priority issue that the community is raising and it deserves its own topic for visibility to the community and developers.

Please also do not close it based on a technicality of quoting the ticket - again we are raising an issue of critical priority to the current Ferengi Lock Box promotion which absolutely must be addressed. Edit the ticket out if you want but it is critical that you do not suppress the discussion. Please also do not retitle the thread. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
I am hearing this too. There should be an explanation given for this.

MODERATORS: This thread should not be moved, merged, or banished to bugs or C-Store. This is highly relevant discussion of STO that is NOT the same as the other threads. I am speaking specifically, by name, to BranFlakes and the community moderators here. You have already suppressed a thread like this - this is an extremely high priority issue that the community is raising and it deserves its own topic for visibility to the community and developers.
The moderators are merciless. Your plea will fall on their deaf ears.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-17-2012, 09:08 PM
I have gotten one gold box and all that was in it was one Lobi Crystal...So I will not be wasting any more of my money on any more of these boxes...sorry but you lost my money on this one...screwing your fan base is not a good idea..It will come back and bite in the wallet!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-17-2012, 09:12 PM
They've got to be tracking gold boxes somehow, some folks might need to be refunded the value of the key if not given a "real" gold box to replace the zonk one after patching all gold boxes in the game.

Also I don't understand how a mistake like leaving them unbound went for a week. Was this an experiment gone horribly awry? Pleading for a developer (preferably dstahl) to break Cryptic's silence on this aside from what Brandon said which we now know is not being honored at all by Customer Service.

If you made a mistake, you need to step up, own it, and make it right. It happens. I highly encourage you not to try to spin this around or go behind our backs and change the terms and expect us not to say something or bury it when we do.