Lt. Commander
# 1 Toy chain bugged
04-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I did the first mission in the chain, then the chain moved to the "completed" area. Now I can click the expand button and it shows I did only 1 of the 4, but the chain is complete.

The result is I can do the 1/4 repeatable, but I can never progress further on the chain to build consoles.

Is this a common bug? Is there a way to delete completed chains if so I can restart broken ones? Has anyone else found a workaround?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2012, 02:54 AM
I have created about 10 consoles now and 3 have been the exact same Console - Engineering - Electroceramic Hull Plating MK XII Rare. What's up with that?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Step 1/4 of the chain is actually 1/1 in terms of the assignment chains page.

Step 2/4 is at your Science officer, on your ship, as it is technically a "crafting" mission.

As such, the chain shows complete when you have finished "Negotiate" but isn't, as the other 3 bits at on your ship all the time.

Hope that helps
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I have checked my Science officer, both DH and onboard, and he has no missions that start with either "Decipher" or "Infuse"

Or are those missions rare or only appear in certain zones?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illililili
I have checked my Science officer, both DH and onboard, and he has no missions that start with either "Decipher" or "Infuse"

Or are those missions rare or only appear in certain zones?
On your Science Officer, check "Special Projects". Under that should be "Decipher Markings on Artifact". This will appear if you have completed the initial non-repeatable version of "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities", but have not done the Decipher Markings assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2012, 02:33 PM
yeah about that *kidy toy chain thing*...

how about we turn this 1/1 chain including the repeatable unlocked additional mission just into a normal mission that randomly pops up, since it's technically not even a chain anymore.

step 2 is also kinda obsolete now that you can jump from 1 to 3 to 4

i get the thinking behind it, that you can buy the artifacts / infused artifacts on the exchange and then instantly craft them...

but i think we should drop the *chain* thing here then.

in particular if the next patch adds more ways to get the Artifacts

(and i have a lingering feeling that this chain is some testbed for the J-Mans crafting revamp)
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
On your Science Officer, check "Special Projects". Under that should be "Decipher Markings on Artifact". This will appear if you have completed the initial non-repeatable version of "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities", but have not done the Decipher Markings assignment.
Got it thanks! I did not realize that decipher was a "special project" and not a mission.

I did notice a bug while I was looking at the other special projects. The special projects that have you use 20 of each research item in exchange for 250 dilithium and 750 sxp use 3 research officers. Even though I had many unused RO in my DO crew, the mission still showed a red triangle with an exclamation mark in it beside all three poitions. I was able to fill all three poitions, which lit up the "start assignment" button (I have only 12 assignments running right now, normally I only see the red triangle when I have 20 assignemnents running). I didn't acutally start the assignment, the rewards do not appear to justify the cost, but it is the triangles there when they should not be that is the bug.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illililili
Got it thanks! I did not realize that decipher was a "special project" and not a mission.

I did notice a bug while I was looking at the other special projects. The special projects that have you use 20 of each research item in exchange for 250 dilithium and 750 sxp use 3 research officers. Even though I had many unused RO in my DO crew, the mission still showed a red triangle with an exclamation mark in it beside all three poitions. I was able to fill all three poitions, which lit up the "start assignment" button (I have only 12 assignments running right now, normally I only see the red triangle when I have 20 assignemnents running). I didn't acutally start the assignment, the rewards do not appear to justify the cost, but it is the triangles there when they should not be that is the bug.
I can confirm that. It seems that there is some sort of issue with the bridge officer assignments finding applicable duty officers.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2012, 01:03 AM
hmm.. sold an powered artifact, so cannot complete chain.

what now?
can i start at #1? will the mission pop up?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
hmm.. sold an powered artifact, so cannot complete chain.

what now?
can i start at #1? will the mission pop up?
yes u can repeat it