Lt. Commander
Since the changes to the DOff system a few weeks ago I have seen neither hide nor hair of "Evaluate xxx BOff" DOff assignments with either of my Fedrat officers, but on my lone KDF Capain I am getting them like they are going out of style...

Is this an intentional discrepancy, or is my KDF Captain just extremely lucky?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 07:53 PM
There does appear to be an unintended discrepancy. Unfortunately, since the number of species is uneven between the factions, balancing these is made tricky. There is an update in the pipeline that will reduce the number of KDF bridge officer recruitment assignments, but it would not surprise me if additional adjustments are needed down the road as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I thought fed only had 5 boff evals (human, saurian, vulcan, andorian, bajoran) to match the 5 of kdf (klingon, lethean, orion, nausicaan, gorn), unless there are some other fed boff evals that I've never seen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2012, 12:34 AM
I just came in here to ask about this.
My Klingon just finished two more Lethians. One with Efficient. And started a new one. Without leaving the sector. Have had several Klingon ones, a gorn, think two others.

My fed has not seen one in at least a week. And that was a human. Again.

I was going to ask if it was just some bad luck.
Plus side. Now My Klingon General can act on his suspicion that some of his bridge officers are imposters.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
There is an update in the pipeline that will reduce the number of KDF bridge officer recruitment assignments

Is there no way you could go the other way?

Instead of reducing KDF's amount, could you no increase the FED amount?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanzir View Post
Is there no way you could go the other way?

Instead of reducing KDF's amount, could you no increase the FED amount?
Wouldn't want to flood the market with BOs. There's plenty of blue and purples already on the exchange. I think they should stay relatively rare.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Actually.... ALL of my chars (10 total) are swimming in Boffs. Getting them from rank ups or special mission rewards is unimportant now as they can be obtained relatively easily from doffing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Wouldn't want to flood the market with BOs. There's plenty of blue and purples already on the exchange. I think they should stay relatively rare.
To be blunt

They should only remain rare if the BOFF system gets an overhaul to provide more consistency and logic to it.

"Rare" powers locked to random BOFFs, Jumbles of traits that have no rhyme or reason according to the career of the BOFF, only 1 "good" trait (efficient) generally available for space and it's not even that good (I think I gained a whole 1 point of Shield power and 1 point of Engine power from slotting 2 Efficient BOFFs), etc.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Efficient was originally as effective on boffs as on PCs, but the Devs quickly realized that people could accumulate multiples if they tried hard enough and the net benefit of having TEN efficient Boffs was too great.

But I agree in principle, it's a bit of a bummer that Boffs have so few space traits.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Just came online to check on this subject myself. I haven't seen a recruitment assignment on the FED side in weeks. Yet on the KDF side, now ALL my BOff are purple quality, and I keep getting assignments to eval new BOff. I have like 9 purple quality BOff on KDF (3 of each, Tactical, Science & Engineering)....yet still have all the BOff I started with on FED side.

I agree no need to change KDF side (as it helps with recruitment points), just adjust FED side to be same.