Lt. Commander
# 11
04-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
This movie is doomed without Rufus.
Totally agree. This movie without Rufus will be blah in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Well if tupoc can sing via hologram why can't George carlin play rufus via hologram. Just a thought it is the 21st century after all.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2012, 08:38 AM
I loved the first movie (cornerstone of my late teen years). I thought the second had a few great bits (mostly to do with Death), but overall was fairly lame. I have to admit though, I'm kind of curious of a third one. It could be a most triumphant return, or a heinous failure.

Either way, a three-quel I can stand. I'm just happy they are not following current Hollywood trends and rebooting the first one. With some exceptions (I happened to have liked JJ Trek), most modern remakes are travesties (and do we need a Spiderman reboot, already/so soon?!?).
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Meh.

First was great, second was a disappointment. Factor in how much has changed culturally since the last one (the first is still enjoyable but it is horribly dated now), how Keanu has as much acting ability as crash test dummy AND George Carlin's death, this could be a disaster.

I'd rather see Ghostbusters 3 finally get made.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Maybe the whole time travel thing isn't used here at all. In the 2nd movie it was just touched on, where as in the 1st movie it was the main plotline. Maybe this time it's more of a space adventure, we will see what the writers come up with, just don't leave out Death being in the band.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Have to disagree. Although Rufus was a good character, he was barely in either previous movie. Sure, he acted as narrator of sorts, and a dues ex machina in some aspects, Bill, Ted, and Death (in the 3rd movie) are really the anchors of those movies.

I miss George Carlin as much as others, but don't let nostalgia for him convince you that he wasn't anything more than a side character. Besides, I think there are plenty of other comics who could play a character that can fill in for Rufus, or better yet, make their own role as to not diminish Carlin's previous work.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't think anyone's mentioned the ties Bill & Ted have with Trek.

Not only is Vasquez Rocks used in B&T2, but Death is Sloan from Section 31. . .
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Wow I didn't even know that part. Thx for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2012, 11:02 AM
3?
The movie that inspired the catch phrase ... wooo ... gets a third movie?
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2012, 12:02 PM
and the horror that is hollywood crushing the memories of youth with garbage never ends. and remember kids the teenage muntant ninja turtles will be ALIENS now.

when do i get history of the world part 2.....

or better yet

SPACEBALLS 2 The search for MORE MONEY

this is hollywood "we gotta franchise it"