Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship & Toon swap missions
04-18-2012, 07:46 AM
In the "Doomsday Machine" mission you take control of a Klingon Bird of Prey and do a ground mission disguised as a Klingon warrior.

If the foundry had a feature that allowed the author to assign a ship or character to the player specifically for that mission it would open a world of new possibilities: Missions to capture enemy vessels, multi-character perspective episodes, flashback narratives, infiltrations, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't know why it wouldn't be possible to do something like this in the future, you can already buy holographic disguises from vendors in-game, a Foundry effect to disguise your ship as another would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2012, 06:42 PM
In addition to full ship and toon swap missions, there should be the possibility of selected costume swaps i.e. no change to race or gender, but simply a different rank and/or uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a mission "Over There" where it would be great if I could do these things. The mission involves infiltrating the mirror universe, so naturally it would be great if I could put the player and their away team in mirror universe uniforms. Can't, sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I have a mission "Over There" where it would be great if I could do these things. The mission involves infiltrating the mirror universe, so naturally it would be great if I could put the player and their away team in mirror universe uniforms. Can't, sadly.
Another application of partial costume swaps would be for missions involving quantum realities (a la Worf in TNG "Parallels", where he wore the uniforms appropriate for the reality he bounced into)

In my case, I am drafting the mission where the player captain finds him/herself in a quantum reality where they only attained a rank of Ensign in a Starfleet more stringent on uniform regulations, and is forced to play the part of their quantum counterpart.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2012, 07:12 PM
It really would open massive amounts of possibilities, especially if you could use options like your own boffs. I had an idea for a mission where your captain is in front of a courts marshal for violation of the Prime Directive. Your bridge officers are called upon to testify and it would switch from the court room to various mission maps where you played-out their version of what happened as those characters.

The great deficit in the foundry now is a lack of versatility which forces us to do a lot of variations on the "bang bang" missions by and large. I loves me some good combat but foundry missions would improve by an order of magnitude if we could really branch-out more.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner
It really would open massive amounts of possibilities, especially if you could use options like your own boffs. I had an idea for a mission where your captain is in front of a courts marshal for violation of the Prime Directive. Your bridge officers are called upon to testify and it would switch from the court room to various mission maps where you played-out their version of what happened as those characters.
You, sir, have a winner right there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2012, 08:31 PM
I've played some really amazing missions on the foundry. If they would give us the tools the quality of many of them would jump to incredible.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Another Thought
05-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Another thing vaguely along these lines hasoccurred to me. The costume options for mission dialogues should really have a "Current Player" option that puts the mission player's character portrait up.

*With the mirror universe and time travel being major components in ST, meeting yourself is actually a fairly common event, lol.

*More importantly, having this option would allow for a great deal more flexibility with character dialogue since you can have the player say things longer than one sentence.

EXAMPLE: You are a Fed captain and you confrom a Klingon captain in space.

He says: "Hey you big stupid head, why you here?"

The mission, with this addition could allow for some select boxes that say things like: "Peaceful," "Hostile," and "Sacrastic" which the player could select and then their character could have a full page of spoken text come up. Not unlike the way Mass Effect handles this, giving you a clipped response selection which is followed by the actual voice acted dialogue.

This would massively open up the foundry for greater story telling opertunities.