Lt. Commander
# 1 Season 5 Dev Blog #42
04-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Details about the new Vault Shuttle Event are revealed in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Is this an event or here to stay?
And can we call this an STF or is it much easier?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Timed? ... Is this always available or only certain times?

I HOPE it is ALWAYS available.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Please tell me this is a permanent addition.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I was excited about this... but the time gating is pretty much guaranteeing I will never get to play this.

I'm a casual player with a casual fleet scattered across the world... coordinating a group of 5 people to play a shuttle mission without being able to schedule it on our own time... yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 6
is this a timed event, meaning it's only available at certain times. I hope not. I tend not to have much luck scheduling time to participate in timed events. I keep missing them. I've only been lucky enough to do the defera ground invasion event twice, and the first time, i was only in there for 5 minutes before it ended
Lt. Commander
# 7
I think this is another event added to the event cycle, like the mirror invasion. Nothing indicates it's only for a limited time. The mission itself is probably timed, hence 'fast paced.'
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm excited about this - sounds like it'll be a fun mission.

Thanks, Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Looking forward to this, sounds most excellent Mr Flakes dude! :p

Quote:
During the event, you will need to protect Obisek's ship as he works to override the command codes and hack into Romulan control systems. But this isn't a one-man job players will need to work together to help Obisek with tasks that arise as he initializes the override sequence. Listen for his instructions during this fast-paced, timed event.
So is this a new permanent, regularly scheduled event that requires 5 players and work in a similar manner to STFs, utilizing timers, possibly have optional objectives as well? Will teaming allow for Fed and KDF officers to work together?

The Vault was originally rigged for PvP correct? IS this map still planned to be used for PvP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3of9 View Post
I was excited about this... but the time gating is pretty much guaranteeing I will never get to play this.

I'm a casual player with a casual fleet scattered across the world... coordinating a group of 5 people to play a shuttle mission without being able to schedule it on our own time... yeah.
That's what the REDALERT global chat channel is for...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Oh joy, something I've been waiting for for a while...and its another event that has timeslots. Well, time to try and predict the pattern so I can request a day off 2 weeks in advance when its not going to be in the dead of night.

So are these datacores going to drop like batteries, or drop like prototype salvage?