# 11
04-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Sweet.....
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
That's what the REDALERT global chat channel is for...
How does that channel help me get my fleet members to know when a timeslot exists up to 6 days from now so that we can all make arrangements to spend the few hours for STO we have at the same time... at that timeslot?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
So jump into your shuttle and check the Mission Journal for available times.
Anyone notice this line? ... You take on it?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
If this is time-slot only event I will never see it unless it drops in the 2hour window a day I get to play.

If its an always availible event that just has a time limit to beat to complete it, then thats different and I will look forward to it, after work and during my little window of play time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3of9 View Post
How does that channel help me get my fleet members to know when a timeslot exists up to 6 days from now so that we can all make arrangements to spend the few hours for STO we have at the same time... at that timeslot?
The whole fleet organization thing is really down to you and your fellow fleet members, I can't help you with that...

The chat channel, being the biggest in the game and for the topic of events will however help you pick up a group (PUG) for the event when none of your fleet members are online but you are online.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Timed? ... Is this always available or only certain times?

I HOPE it is ALWAYS available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Please tell me this is a permanent addition.
Yes, this is permanent, but it's only available when the event is running. You'll see it on the mission journal so you know when it is running.

While the times will change from week to week, here are the times that should* be for tomorrow and Friday:
Thursday at 10am, noon, and 7pm (these times are PDT)
Friday at 1pm PDT and 5pm PDT (these times are PDT)
Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*subject to change
Lt. Commander
# 17 I'm worried.
04-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Cryptic seriously needs to stop going down the path of "events" that are only active at certain times. The already existing ones weren't too bad, as they are mostly just relatively rewarding fun diversions that aren't required for "completion" of the game, but one that gives purple Mk XII space gear? Not cool. Any queued event with that type of rewards should always be available, except for a cooldown after each run like the STFs have. (Edit: Even if, for balance reasons, it's decided the cooldown must be one day, or two.)

A game that dictates "you must play the game at this specific time to acquire the best stuff" deserves to rapidly lose the respect, patience and custom of its players. If STO wants to be part of our lives it should fit in around our lives, not the other way around.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2012, 03:59 PM
<redacted due to PWE_BranFlakes' response>
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2012, 04:05 PM
FINALLY SOMETHING NEW TO DO!

wait, its in time slots? ya know, we do have lives...try making them more often or, and this one is a really great idea... NOT HAVING THEM TIME GATED!

those of us that have full time jobs, family, etc... we dont plan our lives around a couple of hours for a mission. it should be the other way around.

yet another 1/2 @$$ed attempt. c'mon guys, start making good use of that money youre making off of us for Q's sake...

oh well, at least it is something new. gotta give credit for that. i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Darn it's a PVE event.. was kinda hoping it was a PVP Event..