Lt. Commander
# 1 Why Massively Plays STO
04-18-2012, 05:16 PM
In another edition of Massively's "Why I Play" column, Star Trek Online is spotlighted once again.

Link to the coulmn.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Nice read. I agree with pretty much all of that.

STO isn't perfect, but it's certainly fun to play. And space combat is awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like every single one of massivelys "articles" about STO just seem like a fancy drawn out advert for the game... They never EVER seem to bring out any of the negative issues around STO to the public eye which is rather odd considering they were all over the EVE "monoclegate" stuff.....
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesypizza
Is it just me or does it seem like every single one of massivelys "articles" about STO just seem like a fancy drawn out advert for the game... They never EVER seem to bring out any of the negative issues around STO to the public eye which is rather odd considering they were all over the EVE "monoclegate" stuff.....

I agree. So Cryptic, how much are you paying them to advertise STO for you? This game is a waste of money as well as time. I've never seen an MMO where one could level so fast, until STO F2P. The game should really be called , Star Trek Online: The Next Lock Box.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesypizza
That's probably why it's titled "Why I Play: Star Trek Online by Justin Olivetti "
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
I agree. So Cryptic, how much are you paying them to advertise STO for you? This game is a waste of money as well as time. I've never seen an MMO where one could level so fast, until STO F2P. The game should really be called , Star Trek Online: The Next Lock Box.
Feel free to, you know, not play if you don't like it. And if you don't like the lock-boxes, discard them and don't buy keys. It's not like they're forcing you to buy them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Really? There is so much do to do in Cryptic content besides kill, kill, kill? The author doesn't mention foundry. I too will cry foul at this. What is going on at massively when they are this "objective?" Does this person play STO?

There are some good and objective writers for STO's coverage, like Terry.

But, this specific article is like pure PR with no consciousness of what the game experience is actually like. Something is corrupt here. Or is it kudos to some game for nonsense reasons? Can anyone read this with a straight face?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Pretty much I've come to give massively no credence when it comes to the game, same goes for STOKED, all they are is cheer fests and rolling advertisements. Objectivity is out the window with them, which is fine, but don't expect me to put any weight in anything they say.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
Pretty much I've come to give massively no credence when it comes to the game, same goes for STOKED, all they are is cheer fests and rolling advertisements. Objectivity is out the window with them, which is fine, but don't expect me to put any weight in anything they say.
My thoughts exactly
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Plus it's so disjointed that it's like someone is relating to "talking points." He or she has clearly not rolled a toon under F2P.

It's like wishful thinking alone, sustaining one person who overlooks everything else.