# 11
04-18-2012, 08:20 PM
I would suggest changing the title to "Why STO pays Massively."
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Feel free to, you know, not play if you don't like it. And if you don't like the lock-boxes, discard them and don't buy keys. It's not like they're forcing you to buy them.
I have stop playing. After 2 years of epic failure and lack of content I have had enough of Cryptic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Uh, considering the article is supposed to highlight the positive aspects of STO (it says so in the title), I'm not surprised they didn't bring up any of the serious complaints that are all over this place.

If you want to hear people raging about the negative aspects of the game, just keep browsing these forums. Why throw the hate all over the Internet when we can keep it contained here?

I, for one, plan to focus on the stuff I like rather than the stuff I don't like.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
I, for one, plan to focus on the stuff I like rather than the stuff I don't like.
Same here, I play games in order to have fun. If there were't many aspects of STO that I enjoyed I wouldn't be logging into it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Feel free to, you know, not play if you don't like it. And if you don't like the lock-boxes, discard them and don't buy keys. It's not like they're forcing you to buy them.
So you're saying that you get some sort of twisted enjoyment from lock-box spam flashing across your screen that has absolutely nothing to do with what you're doing at the time? Especially when it's in German?

Let's not be ridiculous. They ruined a good game with F2P. Now a captain barely has time to appreciate the lower tier of ships before they're already able to upgrade to the next, and have to get a whole new tier of weapons, armour, shields and starship equipment. Maybe I couldn't afford to pay the monthly fee every month, but the months I could, I really enjoyed myself. Now with F2P, even the subscription players have to pay cash to get the good stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Why throw the hate all over the Internet when we can keep it contained here?
There's hate, and then there's righteous consumer dissatisfaction. You need to learn the difference. If people don't express their dissatisfaction on these forums, then how is Cryptic to know that they're risking losing customers. Sure, they ignore 90% of what we express dissatisfaction with, but they can't excuse their inaction by claiming they didn't know people were ****ed off.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I agree.
I agree as well.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2012, 10:37 PM
It goes beyond Massively, there seems to be plenty of compromised sources out there these days. Can't even get an honest review from the "big boys" anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Yes, I know ... the so called "gaming journalist" never really had much credibility but when it was a niche hobby they at least had some attempt of being impartial.

Then come the PS2 and suddenly gaming was "mainstream" but also come the net, old gaming magazines started to get hurt because those magazines were monthly and news in the net were instant, they could not really compete with the news sites and hen it started, publishers realized because there were so many sites and the magazines were in such a precarious situation they could make those magazines and sites a extension of their PR ... the only thing that could stop them was ...

Integrity.

And that is the big problem, even in conventional media that is short demand these days, gaming journalists for most part never had them because how many of those even had a degree in journalism? from what I could tell most of them are just English Majors, a ethics class is not something they likely ever attended.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2012, 11:44 PM
I think Cryptic went F2P in the hopes that everyone who complained that "they paid into the game and had a right to get exactly what they (individual player) wanted out of the game" would go away. Now that you DON'T have to pay.... You get no Say.

Make Cardassians Playable already!!!!