Lt. Commander
# 21
04-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
I think Cryptic went F2P in the hopes that everyone who complained that "they paid into the game and had a right to get exactly what they (individual player) wanted out of the game" would go away. Now that you DON'T have to pay.... You get no Say.

Make Cardassians Playable already!!!!
You don't have to pay. You do not get to make such requests.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-18-2012, 11:35 PM
There is such a lack of respect I feel for journalists the more I watch or read what they have to say. On top of that I do not think there are any journalists that would be able to jump onto the game (never seen any of these guys anywhere in the game before either) and be able to do an elite stf.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
I think Cryptic went F2P in the hopes that everyone who complained that they paid into the game and had a right to get exactly what they wanted out of the game would go away.
I paid into the game at launch plus some time after, and am still waiting to get what cryptic claimed the game was going to be.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsaud
So you're saying that you get some sort of twisted enjoyment from lock-box spam flashing across your screen that has absolutely nothing to do with what you're doing at the time? Especially when it's in German?
Who said anything about "enjoyment"? I just ignore the spam and keep doing whatever it is I was doing. It's not like they come up every two minutes. Every twenty minutes, maybe.

And this isn't a "with us or against us" situation. It's a "with us, against us, or indifferent" situation.

Quote:
Let's not be ridiculous. They ruined a good game with F2P. Now a captain barely has time to appreciate the lower tier of ships before they're already able to upgrade to the next, and have to get a whole new tier of weapons, armour, shields and starship equipment. Maybe I couldn't afford to pay the monthly fee every month, but the months I could, I really enjoyed myself. Now with F2P, even the subscription players have to pay cash to get the good stuff.
Matter of opinion. Personally, I like most of the F2P changes (most, but not all. And you can get everything for free through the Dilithium Exchange)

Quote:
There's hate, and then there's righteous consumer dissatisfaction. You need to learn the difference. If people don't express their dissatisfaction on these forums, then how is Cryptic to know that they're risking losing customers. Sure, they ignore 90% of what we express dissatisfaction with, but they can't excuse their inaction by claiming they didn't know people were ****ed off.
Frankly, I'm seeing a lot more hate than righteous customer dissatisfaction. If you (people in general, not you personally) don't like something, provide constructive criticism. Not the hate that's all over this place.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-19-2012, 10:13 AM
"It was absolutely imperative that we drive into unsafe areas of Detroit to locate one of the very few Del Tacos'

There was never a Del Taco in Detroit. Not during the promotion, and not now. Trust me, I know. During the promotion, there were only three Del Tacos in the metro area. All very safe places. Stopped reading the article there. Ridiculous dramatization.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesypizza
Is it just me or does it seem like every single one of massivelys "articles" about STO just seem like a fancy drawn out advert for the game... They never EVER seem to bring out any of the negative issues around STO to the public eye which is rather odd considering they were all over the EVE "monoclegate" stuff.....
Quote:
Why I play: I have a softness for Cryptic

Phew, this might be a landmine, but I'm going to forge ahead anyway. I kind of like Cryptic Studios. There, I said it. Pelt me with stones and half-empty cans of Mountain Dew if you must, but for all of its many failings, this studio has a certain charm and style that I totally dig. I love the emphasis on character creation in all of its games, I like that its products have always been kind to the casual and newcomer, and I admire how the team keeps taking hits (many deserved) but comes on back anyway.

Star Trek Online is a Cryptic title through and through, for all the good and bad stigma that it carries as a result. It's colorful, it's slightly cartoony, it trips over itself to try to do the right thing, and it keeps experimenting with different ideas until the good ones bubble to the surface. It's been a rocky two years, but looking back at where it was at launch, I can definitely say that the game Star Trek Online is now is so much better than it was back then, and this is thanks to a lot of dedication of a few hardworking folks.
Why I advertise for Crpytic...

Well at least your admitted your are a biased and a Crpytic wh...ugh...street corner professional.

And this is where I stop bothering reading anymore fanboyism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I would suggest changing the title to "Why STO pays Massively."
^ Agreed
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
"It was absolutely imperative that we drive into unsafe areas of Detroit to locate one of the very few Del Tacos'

There was never a Del Taco in Detroit. Not during the promotion, and not now. Trust me, I know. During the promotion, there were only three Del Tacos in the metro area. All very safe places. Stopped reading the article there. Ridiculous dramatization.
As someone who joined the collective chorus, "Del Taco? Never heard of them.", you seem to have missed the point. The observation is that Del Taco was an obscure chain of restaurants with whom to pair with for the promotion. Most people really were SoL if you were passionate about Star Trek and wanted that pet.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Wow...that was sugary-sweet.

Objectivity right out the airlock on that one.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Who said anything about "enjoyment"? I just ignore the spam and keep doing whatever it is I was doing. It's not like they come up every two minutes. Every twenty minutes, maybe.

And this isn't a "with us or against us" situation. It's a "with us, against us, or indifferent" situation.

Matter of opinion. Personally, I like most of the F2P changes (most, but not all. And you can get everything for free through the Dilithium Exchange)

Frankly, I'm seeing a lot more hate than righteous customer dissatisfaction. If you (people in general, not you personally) don't like something, provide constructive criticism. Not the hate that's all over this place.
Constructive feedback such as "Hey, I'll gladly pay for everything found in the Ferengi Boxes if put on the C-Store"? I think that qualifies as feedback and not hate.

Do the Devs *have* to do that? No. But it's feedback. Feedback that has been met only with silence.

It's odd how quickly constructive feedback *can* turn to hate when only one side is willing to engage in discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
As someone who joined the collective chorus, "Del Taco? Never heard of them.", you seem to have missed the point. The observation is that Del Taco was an obscure chain of restaurants with whom to pair with for the promotion. Most people really were SoL if you were passionate about Star Trek and wanted that pet.
Did I miss the point? I understand the Del Taco promo wasn't accessible to all people. I'm sure it was frustrating to them. Who knows, maybe that was the best promo partnership cryptic could do. Better than no promo right?

I felt the need to point out that the writer was exaggerating his story to garner more sympathy for his frustration and enthusiasm.