Lt. Commander
# 21
04-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashbang
Been doing that since they came out with the Borg " Peek-A-Boo " torpedo's.

So much for the STF's. Not screwing my team over becasue of Peek-A-Boo torpedo's blew me out of the stars with a 15 to 2 minute respawn. Rotten things got me about 5 times in the last STF!!

Point's and gear aren't worth it anymore.

Spend my off time looking at new MMO's these day's.

Cryptic Dev's are like goverment offical's, they say they are listening, but never are.
Yeah if your going to jack the respawn counter get rid of the "peek-a-boo's" or at least drop the damage they do. Something to counter this crippling of STF's

I can guarantee this is going to drive players away especially new one's.

What's the point of FTP if your already aggravating your subscribing members and driving new one's away. Had I known they were going to do this I would have spent my $25 on a nice dinner with the gf instead of on a ship.

Thanks again..... Signed Cryptic Customers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgtburglar
Did I just read this right?

All STFs now feature a respawn timer that gets progressively longer every time a player dies and respawns, up to a max respawn time of 2 minutes.

If Im reading that correctly that is total crap.

So let me get this right now you've made it even harder to get the optional? Gee thanks.

You've gone in the wrong direction again

Seriously what were you guys thinking? Now you've made STF's harder for everyone.
Yeap and they claim people asked for this which it true in a way a very few uber players did but ill bet my bottom dallor the majority of the players will hate this and i am afraid there if going to be uber rage pouring out on the forums now, way more then they ever seen before, which will be well devserved on there part this time, because common sence would tell them there average player had a hard time now doing them, and the pug groups will now be even worse, i hate to say it i try to support cryptic but i realy cant on this one, this is a huge mistate and i am afraid its gonna come back and bite them.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
Yeap and they claim people asked for this which it true in a way a very few uber players did but ill bet my bottom dallor the majority of the players will hate this and i am afraid there if going to be uber rage pouring out on the forums now, way more then they ever seen before, which will be well devserved on there part this time, because common sence would tell them there average player had a hard time now doing them, and the pug groups will now be even worse, i hate to say it i try to support cryptic but i realy cant on this one, this is a huge mistate and i am afraid its gonna come back and bite them.

Seriously Cryptic we are not asking much

Just to have a voice in a game that we NOT you are keeping alive and generating revenue for your company.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgtburglar
Yeah figures.

Who's boneheaded idea was it to add a progressive respawn timer? Often now I am the close to the highest DPS ship in a STF and under constant abuse from the cube. So now your telling me simply because my ship which I paid for and my weapons are better now I have to sit in time out every time I die.

Are ya'll trying to kill the game?
If you don't have the situational awareness to retreat and heal, ask for a heal or let someone else get aggro when you're getting your butt kicked, you DO deserve to sit in time out.

Edit: Exception - Invisible OMGWTFBBQ torpedos.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-19-2012, 06:44 AM
Im GLAD for bigger respawn times. Cause im tired of running with people who just tag along for elite. I do everything, that jus pew pew something and they get the tech. Everybody will need to work. People will need to learn again how to work these stf. Im looking for chalange. And people with harakiri intention will end up in me ignore list if they wont listen how to do it
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllyraen
If you don't have the situational awareness to retreat and heal, ask for a heal or let someone else get aggro when you're getting your butt kicked, you DO deserve to sit in time out.

omg have you played in any pug groups a majority of them you cant even get them to do a simple tactic like stop shooting them at 10% so how you going to get all that lol
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllyraen

My point is learning is part of the game. Punishing players for trying to learn should not be. Not all of us " including myself" know the game inside and out we learn through changing skills and trying different tactics. I learn something new every day I play this game and seems all I will be learning now is something else better to do with my 2 minutes. Time progress in game the time you spend on a respawn screen adds up. Not all of us are elitists and have the opinion IF YOU DONT KNOW YOU SHOULDNT BE PLAYING mentality. Guess what you've forgotten what Day 1 of STO was like.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-19-2012, 06:49 AM
For those of you just noticing the STF respawn timer changes, please add your voice to the main and ongoing thread we have been discussing for some time. It is found here

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...266088&page=28
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxina View Post
Im GLAD for bigger respawn times. Cause im tired of running with people who just tag along for elite. I do everything, that jus pew pew something and they get the tech. Everybody will need to work. People will need to learn again how to work these stf. Im looking for chalange. And people with harakiri intention will end up in me ignore list if they wont listen how to do it
well hope you enjoy fighting them by yourself while others are setting in time out cause you will be, oh and btw what do you think gonna happen to you when two people or more are in time out and your there fighting the gate , cube, spheres by yourself takeing all the fire you might wind up in time out yourself
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-19-2012, 06:50 AM
do we know how lng its going to be down this time?
Closed Thread