Lt. Commander
# 1 A Message to the Devs
04-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Okay first off I have to say this message is honest and straight forward. I will not hold back anything except to keep this thread free of the many explicit comments I would like to put in it.

First off, wake up guys. Just because you are now owned by PWE doesn't mean you have to continue to alienate your player base by implementing ignorant updates which directly drive the player base into a point where it wants to quit playing your game. If you want to do that sell the game to someone who cares.

What I mean by this, for instance the new timer for STFs. You die you wait 15 sec to respawn. Die again, 30 sec, and again and so on until you are waiting 2 minutes. If you don't die with 3 minutes the timer clears. Seriously? Are you so far out of your heads you can't see something this blatant is a direct assault against your players? Another, the current way questions and worries are answered. This 'deal with it' response you send out, not cool. In fact it is the exact same thing as saying 'quit playing our game moron' and if you can't see that, again sell the game to someone who cares.

So with that I have this, as a person who works in customer service field and has for the last decade I have suggestions to please be considered.

1) Revert the death timer to its previous function in stfs

2) Better Customer Service...if your CS people can't provide good CS show them the door and get people who will! Also keep an eye on what the players are saying. Using their feedback to better the game is a MUST for good CS. Learn what they like, what they don't like and work towards a goal that will reward the players with better gameplay experiences.

3) an idea to make lockboxes more...popular...
a) improve the rewards and remove less useful rewards like shield kits, deflectors, consumable trash items etc ... new weapon/armor/shield sets for example would be nice
b) master key changes are a good idea too...ie: 1key = 5 charges for 100c / 10keys = 50 charges for 900c

4) More love the KDF, yes its an overkilled suggestion but here's why you don't see many players on KDF. There is simply not enough to do as a KDF player. Give the KDF more outfit ideas, add more costume options, off duty wear, and new ships. This will boost the KDF ranks and make the faction more liked.

5) Finally as stated earlier pay more attention to the players and what they have to say. You'll see better responses to changes and you can use that feedback again to make each update better.

Also one final thought, please take into consideration some of this, especially the CS issues and paying more attention to the playerbase. As such you'll gain more trust from the players and increase rev in the long run. More now =/= more later, however better cs and more useable items players will enjoy does.

Thank you,
Moonstar
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmoonstar View Post
What I mean by this, for instance the new timer for STFs. You die you wait 15 sec to respawn. Die again, 30 sec, and again and so on until you are waiting 2 minutes. If you don't die with 3 minutes the timer clears. Seriously? Are you so far out of your heads you can't see something this blatant is a direct assault against your players? Another, the current way questions and worries are answered. This 'deal with it' response you send out, not cool. In fact it is the exact same thing as saying 'quit playing our game moron' and if you can't see that, again sell the game to someone who cares.
I have no issue with this, but I rarely die, and when I do it's down to two things, some idiot using TBR to push Donatra back when I was beside her so I'm now in torpedo arc or my own stupid fault.

Quote:
3) an idea to make lockboxes more...popular...
a) improve the rewards and remove less useful rewards like shield kits, deflectors, consumable trash items etc ... new weapon/armor/shield sets for example would be nice
b) master key changes are a good idea too...ie: 1key = 5 charges for 100c / 10keys = 50 charges for 900c
Engines, Shields and Deflectors have very low value at End Game as most people want sets, they have no place in Lock Box. I'd prefer a White DOFF to a Shield, Yeah a White, not a Green or a Blue but a White DOFF over a shield.

Quote:
4) More love the KDF, yes its an overkilled suggestion but here's why you don't see many players on KDF. There is simply not enough to do as a KDF player. Give the KDF more outfit ideas, add more costume options, off duty wear, and new ships. This will boost the KDF ranks and make the faction more liked.
I'd be happy with just the costumes from every KDF race being available, that shouldn't be too much of an ask.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah I dont like the timer either. Its counter-productive. Unless you have a perfectly setup pre-made, people are going to die multiple times in Elite STFs.

What really ****ed me off about it is the the attitude Geko has about it. Being fully aware of the "one shot" deaths, the invisible torps and the other stupidly OP'd crap the Borg are still doing, he still is pushing his patch and since the other stuff wasnt "his department" therefore it "wasnt his problem". I could see this patch rolling out AFTER the other stuff was fixed. So not only is he crapping all over the players, he's forcing even more wok on his co-workers to find a solution in a day or two. Too little of a time frame to thoroughly address the issues. Therefore more hastily fixes that either wont work, or will cause more problems. I just wanted to kick his teeth in at that point.

But like I said on Tribble, the point to where Im having to wait 1+ minute for team members, or myself to get back into the fight (which screws over the other players), Im gonna park, go afk and go walk the dog, have a smoke and drink a couple beers and see how the Devs like a 20 minute respawn time. Its not a knock on fellow players, but against the way Cryptic/PWE are pushing incomplete patches or changing things before primary problems arent fixed that these changes will have drastic implications on game play.

Far as the KAGE changes, something had to be done. It was way too easy, but now its way too hard. On Tribble we had a team of 1 Sci, 2 Eng and 2 Tacts all in full MACO/OMEGA gear and we could not complete the optional in 4 runs. The closest we got was having 3 nodes left to destroy. In the other 3 runs, we ran out of time just trying to clear the node room. We gave up after that. Getting the optional is doable, but you better be getting some hella crit shots on the Borg and wipe em fast. Timer needs a couple more minutes added. Otherwise the change isnt too bad.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2012, 06:54 AM
For me the biggest problem is the repawn timer. I can't understand a couple of things and i a a little confused.
1. Why the need of a repawn respawn penalty? There are things that need a fix.
2. What happens in space STFs? There you don't have the possibility to revive your team if something awful happened.
3. What happens in the end if you are on a respawn timer and the game ended? You don't get your loot, because you worked for that loot?

I really know that the elite STFs should be hard, but i don't think this is a game just for the hard core players (players that i respect for that).
As for the other changes, i agree that KAGE needed a change as the lock boxes, but still something is missing.

P.S. Everything has a cool down in the game, why putting another timer?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2012, 07:03 AM
yea out of all these issues the timer is the one I disagree with the most. I only die a few times normally but still that's ridiculous! Other than that I have really enjoyed everything
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Actually, that's a very good point. If you die concurrent with the victory, it's possible that you'll have TEN SECONDS to go and get your stuff...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2012, 08:54 AM
I for one am against this. I've que'd up on Elite STFs with pugs. Yes they die allot. This means that the Borg will focus more on the ones who dont die. Bad ideal Devs, take it out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-19-2012, 10:16 AM
As I said in Tribbles in ecstasy I think it sucks the targs ridges and is a silly idea that has no purpose that I can fathom to increase the fun of gameplay.
If the Devs are doing it to slow down the ease with which many players roll through the STFs, then thats doubly silly. Those players roll the STFs becuase that have little else to do and have become good at STFs.
Make more content and that would not happen but don't punish the players for becoming good at one aspect of the game becuase they have nothing else to do.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
They listened to the few people *****ing about stfs being too easy so they add a respawn timer, that doesn't make it hard it makes the game annoying. If they wanted difficulty, added complexity to future stf encounters would be the answer, not mucking up the current ones. But hey it's cryptic, I'm not surprised.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2012, 10:23 AM
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~ Michael Jordan

I terms of STFs ... that's what makes me a frigging Super Star! (Still trying to put out the lava burn on my ***!)