Lt. Commander
# 1 "War and Q" by RogueEnterprise
03-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Hello everyone, I've finished a quasi-sequel to my last Q mission, this one entitled "War and Q".

War and Q
Level 41+
Starfleet

Starfleet has asked you to join with the task force and speak to the Remans, who wish to open negotiations regarding their colony's continued persecution by the Romulans.

But one of the omnipotent Q beings has taken note of your involvement. Is the Q just out to cause havoc, or does she have something to tell you about the Remans' intentions?

Notes:
- Moderate space combat, heavy ground combat, moderate dialogue
- Approx. running time: 30 minutes

I'm not sure if I'm happy with how the dialogue plays out on this one so if you have feedback specific to dialogue and the communication of the plot through it I'm all ears. =)

Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 12:41 AM
I made a slight change to the second to last map that makes it easier to see which door to go through depending on your course of action.

Also, willing to trade playthroughs! =)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 01:08 AM
I'd just like to say that I enjoyed this mission very much. The Q is very Q and is a lot of fun and annoying as all Q should be. The story is very good amd I loved the 2nd chance element of it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Fantastic mission, really enjoyed the historical settings and the characterisation of Q.

Nice work!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Hey Evil. Another quarter, another new Foundry mission from me. No rest for the wary, right?

Federation Mission - War and Q
Author: RogueEnterprise
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HUYCLBZV9

This is actually a follow up to my last Q mission, which I think you played and reviewed.

As I mentioned in my thread about my mission I'm mostly concerned with how the dialogue feels, and if the plot and "moral" are adequately painted with said dialogue.

Hope to see my mission pop up in your queue.
Federation Mission - War and Q
Author: RogueEnterprise
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HUYCLBZV9

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission. The map design is excellent with good battles. The story dialogue draws the player in and makes them feel as if they are a part of the story. I would highly recommend this mission to anyone who likes a great story combined with great map design and good battles. There was only one item that I saw that I felt needed to be addressed below.

Mission Description: This is a great description with a short but detailed story. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue with excellent story detail which serves to entice the player to "Accept". I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Diplomatic Rendezvous: This is a great map design with some nice battles and good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Battle of Sector 001: This is a good map design with great battles and well written story dialogue. The optional dialogue and mission tasks were good. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Battle of Betazed: This is a great map design. I like the respawn point location after activating the generators. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Diplomatic Desperation: This is a good map design with a nice battle and great story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

U.S.S. Domina Justitia -Deck 18: This is a great map design with excellent battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Epilogue: This is a good map design. The story dialogue is well written and a nice wrap up to the mission story. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The spawn point appears to be above the actual surface of the platform. When I appeared on the map the character dropped a meter or two.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You created a great mission as a follow on to your previous work with Q. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

No fooling, this critique report also filed 04/01/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Thank very much for your review as usual, Evil! Can I ask which conflict resolution you selected for the final battle on the second to last map?

As for your critique, the reason why I selected the spawn point to be a bit above the forcefield floor was to give the forcefield a little extra time to spawn in before the player did, just to make sure there are less people falling to their deaths there, lol. I might be able to tweak that a bit.

For anyone else, I'm definitely still interested in doing review trades!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Thank very much for your review as usual, Evil! Can I ask which conflict resolution you selected for the final battle on the second to last map?

As for your critique, the reason why I selected the spawn point to be a bit above the forcefield floor was to give the forcefield a little extra time to spawn in before the player did, just to make sure there are less people falling to their deaths there, lol. I might be able to tweak that a bit.

For anyone else, I'm definitely still interested in doing review trades!
I picked the "Explain the Romulan attack on the Reman ships".

Your explanation for the spawn location makes perfect sense. Based on that I would not change it.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I loved this mission, and I was really impressed by all of the branching, choices, and diplomacy. I'll give a more detailed review on Bitesize.

I did have some trouble with invis walls in space and a specific mechanic that could be tweaked. There were also a few times when combat started while I was still reading.

The spawn point on the last q in space platform seems way too high and everything dropped, but I figure that is due to the platform bug. Since it's probably a simple ground map with only one object high in the sky, I wouldn't play it that safe. I'm convinced that the platform bugs are related to the speed of objects loading into the maps, so I doubt players will fall through there.

Otherwise, just some minor notes for tweaking.

typos:
Early in the mission "lead" should read "led." Ex. Shermann led his troops on a a march during the Civil War.
Another npc said later: "The situation is hopless." Should read "hopeless."
last Q dialogue: "and suffered an injury." I think it should read "and suffer an injury,"

Otherwise, very well done. I knew that respawn death was coming though, lol.

Oh, and I would recommend changing the mission description. I read it and immediately thought, "OK, so this Q is trying to save me from a trap."
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Thank you very much to BitesizeUGC for reviewing this mission for their episode 22!

Check out the review here.