Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
All STFs now feature a respawn timer that gets progressively longer every time a player dies and respawns, up to a max respawn time of 2 minutes.
The time stack will clear after 3 minutes of play without a death.

First of all who came up with this Idea, This for sure will not discourage the Team Drop out rate, probably increase it. For me on elite STF's when I die it takes long enough to get ship repaired and back with team. (Note for those that do bother to bring ship back to full repaired status).

So please tell me why are you messing with the STF respawn timer?
What purpose will this serve?

This is only going to hurt the Team as a whole by taking now longer to get back in the fight, More and likely they will die as well cause your not there to help. Please tell me where is the fun in that, also consider putting it back the way it was. Thank you. And please answer those 2 questions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I like that change. In combination with the scaled down Borg damage, that will make tanking more relevant and not punish you any more for not commanding an escort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfighterJ View Post
All STFs now feature a respawn timer that gets progressively longer every time a player dies and respawns, up to a max respawn time of 2 minutes.
The time stack will clear after 3 minutes of play without a death.

First of all who came up with this Idea, This for sure will not discourage the Team Drop out rate, probably increase it. For me on elite STF's when I die it takes long enough to get ship repaired and back with team. (Note for those that do bother to bring ship back to full repaired status).

So please tell me why are you messing with the STF respawn timer?
What purpose will this serve?

This is only going to hurt the Team as a whole by taking now longer to get back in the fight, More and likely they will die as well cause your not there to help. Please tell me where is the fun in that, also consider putting it back the way it was. Thank you. And please answer those 2 questions.
I totally agree but if you check the forums this subject is in the progress of being beaten more than a dead horse
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-19-2012, 11:25 AM
I used to hate the idea of a stacked timer. But now that I hear that it'll clear after three minutes of not dying... I can live with that.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to live longer in STF's (not just charging in, guns blazing).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I don't see how this will enhance our gameplay at all, this is a really bad move.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-19-2012, 12:02 PM
I do. It will encourage us to play smarter, play better, and not just expend our lives like we've activated the infinite lives cheat on Super Mario.

I remember the first debates about this on the PvE forum. People were up in arms because they were afraid that this time penalty is going to screw them over, especially in space where you can't just resuscitate your teammate. This three minute good behavior clause gives the player an out and, providing you play well enough and the rest of your team puts on at least an average performance, is not so punishing and brutal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
I do. It will encourage us to play smarter, play better, and not just expend our lives like we've activated the infinite lives cheat on Super Mario.

I remember the first debates about this on the PvE forum. People were up in arms because they were afraid that this time penalty is going to screw them over, especially in space where you can't just resuscitate your teammate. This three minute good behavior clause gives the player an out and, providing you play well enough and the rest of your team puts on at least an average performance, is not so punishing and brutal.
For every person that likes this, there's about 200 people that rage over it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
I do. It will encourage us to play smarter, play better, and not just expend our lives like we've activated the infinite lives cheat on Super Mario.

I remember the first debates about this on the PvE forum. People were up in arms because they were afraid that this time penalty is going to screw them over, especially in space where you can't just resuscitate your teammate. This three minute good behavior clause gives the player an out and, providing you play well enough and the rest of your team puts on at least an average performance, is not so punishing and brutal.
Once they fix the Borg One-shot invisoTorp thats kills me with max shields, resists and hull points I may see the logic of your viewpoint.
Point being - Alastor was correct, the DP is only good if the STFs where bug free and balanced.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta
For every person that likes this, there's about 200 people that rage over it.
I know. Some don't understand the benefits of this change. Others just plain don't like it. I was the former, since I missed the whole 3 minutes good behavior clause I assumed that the penalty would only screw us.

To me, it showed that the Devs, Gozer in particular, actually listened to our concerns and put them into account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Once they fix the Borg One-shot invisoTorp thats kills me with max shields, resists and hull points I may see the logic of your viewpoint.
Point being - Alastor was correct, the DP is only good if the STFs where bug free and balanced.
From what Gozer's been saying on the PvE forum, it's being worked on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
I do. It will encourage us to play smarter, play better, and not just expend our lives like we've activated the infinite lives cheat on Super Mario.
Really, I highly doubt this new system will get rid of the players that don't listen and run off ahead of the group shotting anything and everything that moves. You can encourage players to play smarter, but you can't force them or fix them all. We are still going to get the people that have no idea what they are doing and won't listen to anyone and in turn ruin the STF either the optional or the entire mission.

I guess one good thing about the new system is that a ruined STF will become evident a lot sooner and the group can start breaking up sooner.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 PM.