Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrilon View Post
Uhh, yeah, no.
Fix it properly or leave it.
I for one would be willing to forfeit my dilithium, if it gets rid of the filthy AFK'ers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-19-2012, 03:10 PM
they'll probably fix it long after the majority of the interesting players leave for greener pastures.

But i hope they do start taking pvp concerns seriously - because i find like klingon vs fed - there really is no separation.

We all Pvp, we all PVE the only difference is the quantity. Both facets of the games deserve equal attention or you'll just end up cheating your game and your playerbase in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrit122 View Post
*looks at title*

Yes, everyone under the age of18 should not get dilithium!

Would you be lenient for a mere boy of 7?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I for one would be willing to forfeit my dilithium, if it gets rid of the filthy AFK'ers.
ditto on this
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Remove it from Arena, leave it for gd ol Salvage Operation, but only if u cap
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-19-2012, 04:43 PM
to everyone who wants to give up dilithium to get rid of farmers.

Please don't advocate dumb ideas. I mean - i get it, cryptic hasnt demonstrated any apparent ability to implement efficient ways to curb farming thus far.

But giving them bad ideas to solve it won't help either. I'm leaning toward the hope that they arent so lazy as to just take dilithium to stop farming *cough* Seeing as how i vaguely remember this very idea being implemented recently and how it only resulted in ruining some other area of the game - Remember?

It's clear that 'removing dilithium' from pvp is a poor solution, as the farmers will just go find the next most efficent way to farm it - meanwhile the 'change' will leave All the other legitimate players without yet another way to enjoy pvp and be rewarded for their trouble.

yeah..

how about we try something new?
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Aye, the most simple solution isn't necessarily the best.

PvP for the fun of it is great as always. Unfortunately with the way the game has changed to put so much focus on money, the idea of removing dilithium rewards from PvP is more a punishment than anything. The thought that I'd be forced to further grind an aspect of the game that I honestly can't stand is very unappealing.

Doffs are great but only provide so much. PvP is flawed but awesome. PvE makes me want to hurt things.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
minors ruining pvp!
yeah, there's a lot of 'minors' ruining PvP, and the STO Community in general.

these minors are called Sad Pandas.

---

the dilithium miners I couldn't care less about. they're probably not minors.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussified View Post
these minors are called Sad Pandas
You've got to be kidding me, you just don't stop with this constant flow of insults towards the fleet. Dude, give it a rest.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
An easy way to solve the issue with Dilithium farmers in PVP would be to tie your personal score in the match to the amount of Dilithium you can earn from the match. No score, no Dilithium. Simple as that.
That is the way to go! Combine heals with damage and give dilithium accordingly.

Edit: if you have a sci ship, then add a multiplier, so if you dont do squat, the reward is 0xmultiplier. That for the fast fix. For the long term, quantify the sci abilities and add them in the score mechanics. The numbers are already there, taking offline a system, draining shields, etc.