Lt. Commander
I'm sick to death of being stuck in an elite Stf with four others that haven't a clue what they're doing. It seam's they don't bother trying to pick up game-play, don't respond to chat and have never tried normal stf's.

For instance ive just been in Khitomer Accord Elite and no one was paying any attention to probes, that was solely my job (not through choice i must say) there were spheres all over the place regenning whilst players were attacking the transformers and getting no where....

When Donatra finally showed up after about 20 mins of fighting it i realised one player had left and the others were circling about 30km away watching me fight alone.....!!!

I asked what they were doing and i was told "i get ko'ed in 1 hit, this way its not fighting..." ???? after a further ten mins of getting no where alone i left, thus incurring myself a penalty for there lack of understanding and lack of team spirit....

There needs to be some game mechanic that assesses players new to Stf's in the normal mode, when the game mechanic decides they have a good grasp of the way the missions work then they are hailed and offered the chance to participate in the Elite versions with the other players that seriously want to play the mission and know what needs to be done to achieve the goal.

This would stop unfair penalties being incurred and also help new Stf'ers understand how they work.

Why should i be punished just because some players have never bothered to try an Stf until they reach lvl cap and get bored then stumble in to and Elite first and ruin it for everyone else.

The amount of times this happens is unbelievable .
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytheaker
There needs to be some game mechanic that assesses players new to Stf's in the normal mode, when the game mechanic decides they have a good grasp of the way the missions work then they are hailed and offered the chance to participate in the Elite versions with the other players that seriously want to play the mission and know what needs to be done to achieve the goal.

Welcome to every MMO with multiple difficulty levels. Unfortunately, there's no way to gate team content that fairly judges an individual's skill level, and there likely never will be. MMO developers just can't be bothered.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Can't it be made possible by accolades? Like making an accolade for each of the six STF which is given after 20 rounds or so, and the elite-version is only accessable with this accolade or by beeing invited into a private opened instance? This would at least make sure, that everyone, who plays an elite-STF has at least a little experience with the normal version first
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
same here it is getting real old real fast why I did not do event

on kick team bug must be a bug I had it happen 6 times yesterday in infected ground elite
I did to failed runs
second failed to 3 noobs

how can we complete 12 accolades if you are doing mission with people who do not know it

I did submit questions to STOked for Gozer regaurding modifying a how elite gets unlocked

Gozer is on this week
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2012, 02:07 PM
well I''ve been STF's for about 3 days now... yes I waited till end game but mostly I started on normal till I got enough tokens for some Xi and Xii gear. also bought some consoles off the exchange. have started doing infected elites and just did cure elite for my first time. I find a gear cap needs to be implemented at the very least . like you need to have a avg gear rank of say Xi blues to get into elites, it does not cover for skill but at least it forces players to farm normal for a bit to gather a idea of how STFs are run. Also as stated before maybe accolades that says you've done the normal before being able to do the elite, again an other way to make sure some work is done on the normal so the elite will not be such a shock to the player.

Again nothing can make for for lack of skill and friends carrying friends to end game but these are some things I've seen in other MMOs that do filter the derp a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Been worse the last 3 days. Only got optional 3 times and the players messing up the mission as usual either don't run with the chat window up or i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they don't read English.
Optional for me isn't about the extra loot, its about running the mission in the most successful way.
Too many players come into elites and screw it up for everyone and DON'T bring major or minor compents to heal injuries
I don't run the ground missions because i don't know the runs yet and i certainly won't run a elite ground until i master the normals. walk before you can run.

I'll admit when i 1st started playing i never ran with the chat window up until i joined a fleet and started team games as i found the window a nusiance on the display. But in a team mission it is a must, to have it up and overtime i've got used to it being there.
Lt. Commander
# 7 drop rates
03-08-2012, 03:16 PM
With the LOW LOW drop rate for XII tech you should not give them ideas
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I have had similar experiences. Even a mission where we had to finish it with only 3 players (a regular btw) because 2 players where sleepers.

Even had a player who was proud for killing the Vorn cube alone (yes he could read and write English but did not respond to messages) before the rest was done. Took him 30 minutes.

The last few day's where worst in comparison to the last weeks. Perhaps spring in the air or something?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
I'm sick to death of being stuck in an elite Stf with four others that haven't a clue what they're doing. It seam's they don't bother trying to pick up game-play, don't respond to chat and have never tried normal stf's.

For instance ive just been in Khitomer Accord Elite and no one was paying any attention to probes, that was solely my job (not through choice i must say) there were spheres all over the place regenning whilst players were attacking the transformers and getting no where....

When Donatra finally showed up after about 20 mins of fighting it i realised one player had left and the others were circling about 30km away watching me fight alone.....!!!

I asked what they were doing and i was told "i get ko'ed in 1 hit, this way its not fighting..." ???? after a further ten mins of getting no where alone i left, thus incurring myself a penalty for there lack of understanding and lack of team spirit....

This would stop unfair penalties being incurred and also help new Stf'ers understand how they work.

Why should i be punished just because some players have never bothered to try an Stf until they reach lvl cap and get bored then stumble in to and Elite first and ruin it for everyone else.

I agree but I think what u suggest is too hard. It should be if say u've played KAGN 10 with optional passed, u unlock KAGE to do. Only problem with this r the noobs that let other carry their weight the 10 times and do learn anything. But it would help stop noobs going straight to eite missions
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:

Ouch dude, that's pretty bad. Personally I think the cooldown timer is stupid to begin with. With the randomness of getting the Mk 12 loot turn in drops we want, who cares if you spam infected all day long, and into the wee hours? You're not gonna get it anyway unless you're a lucky SOB. Ultimately, pugging is going to have bad results, but I don't see why people should be punished on top of it. That KA probably took you far longer than it needed to as it stands, because the players didn't have the good sense to communicate. What I learned though, is not to get angry with people in this situation. Vent your frustrations politely, and just move on. Some players don't really come for the challenge, but the story, or they're new to the game and just dipping their toes in the water. Why they choose to dip their toes in the Elites is beyond me. Assumably its because they hope the good loot will drop for them, and they don't really realize the difficulty they are causing. I can also assume that most players don't read the forums, so venting your frustrations here will sadly fall on deaf ears I think. The best option then is to just let it go, and hopefully get the devs to just get rid of this stupid cooldown timer.