Lt. Commander
After countless deaths over the last couple of months by the tac cube invisi-torp, i seem to have stumbled on a way to avoid them that has worked for me. I fly directly over the top of the cube, like within .5 km and fly in full speed circles above the cube and wail away at it from there. Since I started doing this a few days ago, I have yet to die at the hands of the tac cube, although I probably look like a drunk captain to my teammates using this method, and it's hard to imagine 5 ships all trying to fly in circles around the top of the cube. BTW I am most often using a Garumba to do this so we aren't talking about a tanking beast here, it really seems to cut down on the damage I take and cut out the invisi-torp completely. Anyone else have any experience or an opinion about this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, that's just staying outside the firing arc for the Borg Torpedo weapons, up where only their beam attacks can reach. It's an old trick.

However, since the STF Borg no longer Crit, invisitorps can't one shot you anymore so I don't really see what the big deal is? Now it's somewhat easy to tank Elite Tac cubes without hovering above them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Yeah, that's just staying outside the firing arc for the Borg Torpedo weapons, up where only their beam attacks can reach. It's an old trick.

However, since the STF Borg no longer Crit, invisitorps can't one shot you anymore so I don't really see what the big deal is? Now it's somewhat easy to tank Elite Tac cubes without hovering above them.
Say that to my Hegh'ta
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Don't...you...believe that!

They still exist...when your shields are down, they STRIKE!
Quote:

Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Not really complaining here but, the torps can still one shot you from 100/100 even with ph 1 and emps 1 up. Does the plasma turret console (preorder freebie) take care of them? Anybody know?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't think so. I think and believe Automated Defense Turret is not useful against Borg. It doesn't do good job. It's the worst rubbish console Cryptic gives to players.
When you start playing the game as a new, you're happy getting this (rubbish) tactical console. When you play STF, after a while you realize quickly that's useless as many universal console.
I think there abity to counter strike this bad invisible torpedo. But which one? I don't know. If someone knows about. Please. Let me know.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
Don't...you...believe that!

They still exist...when your shields are down, they STRIKE!
LOL! QFT!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozoha View Post
Not really complaining here but, the torps can still one shot you from 100/100 even with ph 1 and emps 1 up. Does the plasma turret console (preorder freebie) take care of them? Anybody know?
Those torpedos are non targetble like the heavy yeld plasma torp.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:

Bad news ... I still get killed by 100k+ critical borg plasma torpedoes as of last night...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm getting killed by them in Ker'rat! I was attacking a Tac cube, and suddenly no shields, no hull! Combat log says the cube hit me with a plasma torpedo for 102,487 (I don't have a screenshot because taking UI screenshots in a scrolled up combat log is a PITA)!