Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So I was just wondering, who here wishes there was a refit for those low level 400 C point ships? I for one would love to fly around in an NX-01 but its such a low level its not really worth being killed so easy over. Any one feel the same way?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captiandonitz
So I was just wondering, who here wishes there was a refit for those low level 400 C point ships? I for one would love to fly around in an NX-01 but its such a low level its not really worth being killed so easy over. Any one feel the same way?
I;d rather they would spend their time working on bugs and patches but that's just me.

Of course the developers are separate from the art gang as well as the mission/level developers. Or at least I would assume that they are.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-19-2012, 06:20 PM
If there were a refit It'd be like a tier 3 option or something. It's quite an old ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad84 View Post
If there were a refit It'd be like a tier 3 option or something. It's quite an old ship.
I wouldnt mind a tier 3, but having it so low as it is is well... useless to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Honestly I loaded up a refit Enterprise with MK X items from my Ent E and was totally amazed how long it does last. I have gone toe to toe with Borg and Klingons and not had too much trouble. You have to be quick and have a good chain setup to counter for the lower hull, but it is doable.

It is a good point that was brought up being that it is sooooo old, that anything above Tier 3 may be a stretch. I would still pick it up if they had one with extra console slots say 2 Tact, 3 Eng, 3 Sci., with 3 Fore and 2 Aft weapons, bump the hull a couple thousand to say 22K, that would be cool

Still would prefer flying around in a beefed up one of those!! Definitively ups the challenge level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsambrose
Honestly I loaded up a refit Enterprise with MK X items from my Ent E and was totally amazed how long it does last. I have gone toe to toe with Borg and Klingons and not had too much trouble. You have to be quick and have a good chain setup to counter for the lower hull, but it is doable.

It is a good point that was brought up being that it is sooooo old, that anything above Tier 3 may be a stretch. I would still pick it up if they had one with extra console slots say 2 Tact, 3 Eng, 3 Sci., with 3 Fore and 2 Aft weapons, bump the hull a couple thousand to say 22K, that would be cool

Still would prefer flying around in a beefed up one of those!! Definitively ups the challenge level.
that's what I mean, it needs more weapon slots, and console slots. I could stand having the lower hull strength because usually once my shields down I am worthless for the team lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captiandonitz
So I was just wondering, who here wishes there was a refit for those low level 400 C point ships? I for one would love to fly around in an NX-01 but its such a low level its not really worth being killed so easy over. Any one feel the same way?

keep dreaming.


or better yet, keep holding your breath for a T5 constitution class....cause that is bound to happen within the week
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captiandonitz
that's what I mean, it needs more weapon slots, and console slots. I could stand having the lower hull strength because usually once my shields down I am worthless for the team lol.
Not to mention more BO power slot things.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-20-2012, 11:27 AM
This has been asked for many times before. It seems that CBS and some others are opposed to it, on grounds of "realism" - a 150-year-old ship shouldn't be able to compete with a Sovereign... unless it's an Excelsior, of course. )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsambrose
Honestly I loaded up a refit Enterprise with MK X items from my Ent E and was totally amazed how long it does last. I have gone toe to toe with Borg and Klingons and not had too much trouble. You have to be quick and have a good chain setup to counter for the lower hull, but it is doable.

It is a good point that was brought up being that it is sooooo old, that anything above Tier 3 may be a stretch. I would still pick it up if they had one with extra console slots say 2 Tact, 3 Eng, 3 Sci., with 3 Fore and 2 Aft weapons, bump the hull a couple thousand to say 22K, that would be cool

Still would prefer flying around in a beefed up one of those!! Definitively ups the challenge level.
that is arguable. I mean honestly if they were to install the version of the Constitution Class Starship that was featured in the J.J. Abrams movie, I personally would want that ship to at least be a Captain Rank Starship, if not a Rear Admiral, Lower Half Rank Starship. I mean seriously that starship stood up to the Narada and still came out in one piece, which is more than can be said for all the other ships in Starfleet at that time... Especially seeing as how the Narada was loaded up with a crap ton of Borg Technology.

Then again the NX-01 stood up to outright borg during it's original flight sessions, and it had even worse technological ratings than the Constitution Class featured in the Original Series (allegedly anyways)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
This has been asked for many times before. It seems that CBS and some others are opposed to it, on grounds of "realism" - a 150-year-old ship shouldn't be able to compete with a Sovereign... unless it's an Excelsior, of course. )
Tell that to J.J. Abrams...

EDIT: Also not to nit pick, but Captain Christopher Pike started commanding the N.C.C. 1701 around the year 2250 (give or take a couple of years) that would make the original fitting of the N.C.C. 1701 approximately 160 years old. And thats not even counting the age of the NX-01 in the figures...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 AM.