Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
I have one rerole klingon. I play a little with it everyday. So I noticed one duty officer dies per day. I already lost all of my very rare (purple) duty officer. Now it's the turn of rare (blue) duty officers to die one by one. Is it normal? Where can I buy duty officers for klingon side? On the exchange people sale common duty officer. I don't want this kind of duty officer. Also I don't want spend cryptic point if the game kills my better duty officer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2012, 10:34 PM
No, its not unless you are using then on the Execute or other assignments that clearly state you LOSE your Duty Officers.

The only ones that can die on normal assignments are common, everything above common just get injured.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
No, its not unless you are using then on the Execute or other assignments that clearly state you LOSE your Duty Officers.

The only ones that can die on normal assignments are common, everything above common just get injured.
Considering it's been one per day, and I believe Execute for Incompetence has a 24 hour cooldown... I think this is the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2012, 06:23 AM
On the contrary, you DO want common duty officers exactly for the purpose of runnng assignments where you are guaranteed to lose a duty officer.

All of the assignments that cause you to lose a duty officer SHOULD have RED TEXT in the assignment description. You may need to scroll down the text to see it.

Never slot anything higher than a green in these assignments and even then you should probably stick with whites.

The only assignments where it is a good idea to slot DO's you are guaranteed to lose are the "Reassign Underperforming Officers" assignments you get at the academies.

Also, a helpful tip I didn't know before... If you go to one of the species-specific personnel officers, these also offer the reassignment missions, not just the cultural exchange missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2012, 06:26 AM
I should also point out that you will want to visit the Personnel Officers at the Klingon Academy regularly to pick up new duty officers and to exchange low-end DOFFs for higher-end DOFFs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Considering it's been one per day, and I believe Execute for Incompetence has a 24 hour cooldown... I think this is the problem.
My main role is a fed and I have around 160 duty officers. Sometimes they get injured. And I lost only one for only 100 days of game. I buy some and I throw some because I need some abilities. And then everytihing is ok. As klingon role. I do the same but the point is they die one by one. In fact, the game says the officer will not survive to this mission. So why I have not this kind of problem with main role fed?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2012, 09:42 AM
If the assignment clearly tells you that the doff will not survive, then of course the doff is going to die. Life in the KDF is a lot rougher than life in Starfleet, so a lot more of the available KDF assignments involve certain death.

Solution: Don't send your rare or very rare doffs on certain death assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2012, 10:03 AM
And the moral of the story is, "Always Read The Fine Print!"

It's really easy to get into the habit of slotting assignments without looking at them very closely. But it's never a good idea to do that with an assignment you aren't familiar with.

I'm not sure what else the Devs can reasonably do to make DOFF loss more plain. It would be nice if the 'best' DOFFs were not automatically recommended for these kinds of assignments... that would help. If you want to space an Uncommon or better, it should always be a conscious choice to do so.

I'm pretty sure that none of the common assignments except for "Execute for Incompetence" are InstaLoss?

I'm not counting the "Reassign" assignments because those are equally pretty straightforward and you always get a better DOFF in return.

So scrutinize any uncommon or rare assignments, especially if they seem to have unusual rewards.