Lt. Commander
# 21
04-20-2012, 07:55 AM
i got to run the mission maybe four times last night and was totally diggin' it. I only completed one run though. My shuttle compared to everyone else I ran was running like moleasses and seemed very underpowered. So my question lies in how do I trick out my shuttle appropriately for maximum benefit. I'm flying the Type X Chaffee. Currently, the shuttle has:

Polaron beam array (which i payed a bundle for on the exchange)
Transphasic Torpedo
standard Fed impulse
Standard Fed Deflector
Standard Fed Shield
For consoles, i have one that ups the polaron damage, a biofunction and one that gives me resistances to phaser, disruptor, tetryon and plasma (I think)
In the device slot i have auxiliary batteries

i ran the first mission with my science officer with science team. wasn't overly fond of that. the rest of the time I used my tactical officer with torpedo spread which worked rather well i have to say.

So any suggestions would be awesome to trick out my shuttle would be great. Also, WHERE to get the items would be nice also. i'm still rather new to a lot of this stuff, and a total noob for anything shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-20-2012, 07:59 AM
+1 to be stickied in academy
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
Would it be worth adding that some, not sure if all, but some c-store toys work on small craft, the final boss in the last room was made a lot easier when a Fed on my team dropped Theta Radiation and not to forget the doff turrets you can acquire come in handy, they may not last long but were helpful in deflecting attention away from Obisek's ship (sp?) if only for a few seconds. The handy thing here to remember is that devices can be swapped in combat making these handy to have, to me anyway .

Would it also be worth adding a doff set up, I flew a fighter with in built rapid fire, my main gun was an Antiproton Dual Heavy cannon and I had a photon torp in the second weapon slot which I had backed up with 3 (2 purple/1 Blue) projectile officers, the stream of photons made light work of turrets and Birds of Prey, at least in my experience.

Lastly, I saw a dev post stats on the Reman MK XII set in the TTS channel and Screen-shotted the 3 tool tips, I know the tool tips are relevant to the ship I'm in and may differ slightly for others depending on your ship etc.

MK XII V.Rare Shield
MK XII V.Rare Eng
MK XII V.Rare Def
thanx !
nice screenshots, will be added..

how do you mean - devices can be swapped in combat?
suppose i have this bio neural warhead, and can just swap it in fight for a normal quantum torpedo?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
thanx !
nice screenshots, will be added..

how do you mean - devices can be swapped in combat?
suppose i have this bio neural warhead, and can just swap it in fight for a normal quantum torpedo?
By device I mean items that go in your device slots - Engine/Aux/Weapons/Shields Batteries, Deployable Turrets, Deuterium Surplus etc. These can be changed and swapped in combat, you can also swap devices when on ground in the middle of combat.

The Bio-Neural Warhead is a weapon that goes in a weapon slot and can only be swapped out of combat but given it's high cool down I would recommend against using one in the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
By device I mean items that go in your device slots - Engine/Aux/Weapons/Shields Batteries, Deployable Turrets, Deuterium Surplus etc. These can be changed and swapped in combat, you can also swap devices when on ground in the middle of combat.

The Bio-Neural Warhead is a weapon that goes in a weapon slot and can only be swapped out of combat but given it's high cool down I would recommend against using one in the mission.
ty much, hope folks do read so far adding the turrets - a good idea!
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-20-2012, 03:06 PM
updated post
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Great guide.

I have a question about the upgrades. Do you have to get the rare MK XII before the very rare MK XII? I went to my science officer but he doesn't give me the assignment to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstrosity22
Great guide.

I have a question about the upgrades. Do you have to get the rare MK XII before the very rare MK XII? I went to my science officer but he doesn't give me the assignment to do it.
thank you.
steps are MK XI rare -> MK XII rare -> MK XII very rare
i have added it to the guide.

the second mission requirements are also there, the MK XII rare to MK XII very rare i have to find out, the only known thing is they cost 30 datalogs per piece.

the MKXI - MKXII rare is to find at your ship's engineer
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrican
i got to run the mission maybe four times last night and was totally diggin' it. I only completed one run though. My shuttle compared to everyone else I ran was running like moleasses and seemed very underpowered. So my question lies in how do I trick out my shuttle appropriately for maximum benefit. I'm flying the Type X Chaffee. Currently, the shuttle has:

Polaron beam array (which i payed a bundle for on the exchange)
Transphasic Torpedo
standard Fed impulse
Standard Fed Deflector
Standard Fed Shield
For consoles, i have one that ups the polaron damage, a biofunction and one that gives me resistances to phaser, disruptor, tetryon and plasma (I think)
In the device slot i have auxiliary batteries

i ran the first mission with my science officer with science team. wasn't overly fond of that. the rest of the time I used my tactical officer with torpedo spread which worked rather well i have to say.

So any suggestions would be awesome to trick out my shuttle would be great. Also, WHERE to get the items would be nice also. i'm still rather new to a lot of this stuff, and a total noob for anything shuttle.
Your ship was running like molasses because you were using standard issue ship equipment. Strip out the best gear on your current ship and move them to the shuttle, or put a spare top of the line set on it. Standard issue gear is the equivalent of mk I commons.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minormiracle View Post
Standard issue gear is the equivalent of mk I commons.
You know ... next time you want to give advice you MIGHT want to actually check your facts.

Shuttles come with -S prefix gear, that is ... IT SCALES to the player level so what he get at Lv50 is going to be about Mk XI gear.

Sure you can put sets on a shuttle, I even run with a Yellowstone with the AEGIS set minus the engine but it made no real difference as when I run with the -S gear, its simply good enough.