Lt. Commander
# 41
04-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Lol thanks. This is a fun mission and it deserves a fun walkthrough.

I confirm that you can scan the nodes behind the green pillars. Whomever planned the Romulan defensive layout must be a 'noob' vs creative STO pilots

Scanning first and destroying turrets later also saves time I think because of the way the scripting works. The faster the team triggers off the scan objective the more time saved since there will always be a 'grace period' for securing the room before the door opens.

Also, scanning the nodes from behind the pillar means you will be attacking the two turrets from just about point blank range which means dual beam banks make them into sushi in mere seconds too
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-22-2012, 10:59 PM
I can attest to the tractor team, work good on taking out BoPs as a team.

I do well with FAW as tanking move. I go with the person to does the rerouting and I hit FAW to get the attention of all the mobs in the area so the other person won't he hit. I'm an Engineer so I have shield power and heal for myself when I do that.

Here is my set up
Delta Class Shuttle
Phaser Beam Array Mk XI-S [Acc] [CrtH]
Photon Torpedo Launcher Standard Mk XI [Accx2]

Borg Set
Red Matter Capacitor
Assimilated Module
Field Generator XI
Automated Defense Battery

Efficient Saurian Tactical - Fire at Will I
Normal Trill Science - Tractor Beam

I might get Point Defense System later but I do well without it now
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
I can attest to the tractor team, work good on taking out BoPs as a team.

I do well with FAW as tanking move. I go with the person to does the rerouting and I hit FAW to get the attention of all the mobs in the area so the other person won't he hit. I'm an Engineer so I have shield power and heal for myself when I do that.

Here is my set up
Delta Class Shuttle
Phaser Beam Array Mk XI-S [Acc] [CrtH]
Photon Torpedo Launcher Standard Mk XI [Accx2]

Borg Set
Red Matter Capacitor
Assimilated Module
Field Generator XI
Automated Defense Battery

Efficient Saurian Tactical - Fire at Will I
Normal Trill Science - Tractor Beam

I might get Point Defense System later but I do well without it now
What I've been doing is...

KDF Fighter (Comes out of the factory with rapid fire 1)
2 Disruptor DHC's
Shield Battery
Omega Set
Aceton Mine
Disruptor Damage Console
The plasmonic leach to keep the weapons power at 125 (Usually insta explode scorp fighters or a couple volleys destroys a bop, also the aceton mine is an add on for energy stealing and drop it near a team mate of obisek to destroy any high yield plasma torps).

Only issue is you gotta be on top of your game when it comes to piloting using that narrow arc... the omega set helps a lot with that when it procs pretty much nothing is going to out turn you if you know what you are doing.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-23-2012, 04:58 PM
hey all,

first, I'd like to say thank you for all the great suggestions and advice on "pimping my ride". After reading everything I went back to spacedock and got my shuttle loaded so I could start tweeking things. I did discover (as had been stated here) for myself that I could indeed put starship equipment on the shuttle. I had a blue hyper-impulse engine that I think i got from a mission and loaded it onto the shuttle and it stuck. That made me happy. I also re-ran the Assimilation mission for the Borg Console. So from what I can remember from earlier today:

Polaron Shuttle array (360 degree firing ability just makes me feel safe)
Quantum Torpedoes mk X or XI, Blue Quality I think.
Reman prototype shields (covariant?) purple i believe
Hyper Impulse Engines blue quality mark X or XI
Neutrino Deflector Blue quality mark X or XI
Science Console-i forget,but it was suggested here and it improves my shield capacity. purple i think.
Engineering Console-Borg console from "Assimilation Episode"
Tactical is a purple quality that improves my polaron damage by 20-something % I think.
Device Slot currently has shield batteries, but I do have some satellite turrets that my engineering dept put together that i may add in.

The Vault mission happened at noon today and I tried out some of the new build. it wasn't bad at all. one of the things that I did do differently is that i put more power toward my engines. i usually pump it all to shields. most of the stuff that I put on the shuttle today I had in my bank so I didn't have to part with too many energy credits or dilithium. Next I'll be doing some of those STF missions so I can save up for that MACO ship set. And their phaser rifle

Again, thank you all for your help on the build and the walk through itself. it came in handy for running the mission again today.

EDIT: I also had my Tac Officer loaded for the torpedo spread option and the comment talking about Active DOff's I never even thought about. thankfully the ones i have active for energy and projectile are blue quality Jem Hadar guys
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-24-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but if you get a Eureka! on the upgrade assignment, you get 5 datalogs returned to you.

EDIT: Also,
Quote:
MKXII very rare
To get the full very rare set you have to pay a visit to your ship's science officer (engineering deck).
costs = 30 datalogs per piece.
It's actually only 20 datalogs to go from rare to very rare.

EDIT2: pic for reference:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2vnqmc1.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstrosity22
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but if you get a Eureka! on the upgrade assignment, you get 5 datalogs returned to you.

EDIT: Also,

It's actually only 20 datalogs to go from rare to very rare.

EDIT2: pic for reference:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2vnqmc1.jpg
thank you for this info! edited the post.
would you mind screenshotting all the required DOFFs for the mK XII rare to MK XII very rare for us?
(im not so far yet)
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
thank you for this info! edited the post.
would you mind screenshotting all the required DOFFs for the mK XII rare to MK XII very rare for us?
(im not so far yet)
Sure,
http://i46.tinypic.com/339k17s.jpg
It appears to be the same 3 officers for all three assignments (I don't have the engines yet so I can't be sure).
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Has anyone obtained "eureka!" when upgrading their components? My speculation is that your duty officers might use less datalogs during the upgrade process.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltypineapple
Has anyone obtained "eureka!" when upgrading their components? My speculation is that your duty officers might use less datalogs during the upgrade process.
I got Eureka! for one of mine and had 5 datalogs returned.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstrosity22
I got Eureka! for one of mine and had 5 datalogs returned.
Nice! What doffs did you use?