Lt. Commander
# 1 CoolDown on Episodes?
04-20-2012, 02:39 AM
What the hell?! Cool-Down's on STF's, I can understand, but on Episodes? You got to be kidding me!
I pay money just to be told what, that I can only do a mission once ever 30 min? HELL no. Unless that gets changed, I'll be cancelling my Subscription.
Have a feeling I won't be the only one either.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 02:44 AM
They want you to be silver... They don't want you to be Gold in the first place... They hate us for being golds.

That said`? Whaaa??? Episode cooldown... on all missions or just a few?..
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 02:48 AM
So far, its every mission I've done. They have a knack for ****ing off their paying customers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2012, 02:57 AM
Yes I knew about the replay limits but I thought the 30 mins cooldown was reasonable.

I'd farm up a dozen Type 2 phasers for all my bridge officers in no time at all otherwise. Or maybe 8 Hargh'peng torpedoes
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2012, 03:14 AM
Sorry, but I have to disagree about it being reasonable.
With the episodes having multiple Item rewards (on average 4-5 items), you looking at a minimum of 2 of JUST waiting to get said Items.
Take the 2800 Series for instance. One mission alone has: Polaron Beam Array, Jem'Hadar Engine and Jem'Hadar Deflector Dish, you can easily get all 3 in what, 1-2 hours? But wait, now you have to tack on an extra hour of game play to get all three, because of the cool down.
In the long run, its just going to tick off the people that just want to get said mission over with so they can get such and such reward.
Sorry, not going to get told how to spend my time playing a game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Geuss I should start re-doing missions... It has after all been 6 months since I last redid an old mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Geuss I should start re-doing missions... It has after all been 6 months since I last redid an old mission.
With difficulty on elite, and with a few friends along, episode replays at VA level are a whole different game altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2012, 03:18 AM
What was the thought behind this change?

"Man, those players sure are repeating content super quick! Better slow that down so we don't have to make new stuff as fast."
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
With difficulty on elite, and with a few friends along, episode replays at VA level are a whole different game altogether.
Not for me... I always play on elite, and Been teaming up with people as much as possible...

Remeber that I've been around since beta...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-20-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
What was the thought behind this change?

"Man, those players sure are repeating content super quick! Better slow that down so we don't have to make new stuff as fast."
I don't think it was a recent change at all. It was always here.

As such, I adapted to the requirement to do other stuff. Like... farm dilithium, murder a few people on PvP, run an epic fleet engagement, then go to the next mission. Or just get some whiskey and a fair friend over while waiting