Lt. Commander
# 1 Download question
04-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Ok I just got me a SWEET new rig and have a SSD for my C:\ drive. I have 28GB left on it, so I want to install STO to it for faster loading. The entire game is several GB's now right? Is there a way to put some of the game on the ssd to load quicker and some of the deep files onto a slower drive? Just thought I would check. Don't want to take up all my SSD room if I dont have too.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSammy
Ok I just got me a SWEET new rig and have a SSD for my C:\ drive. I have 28GB left on it, so I want to install STO to it for faster loading. The entire game is several GB's now right? Is there a way to put some of the game on the ssd to load quicker and some of the deep files onto a slower drive? Just thought I would check. Don't want to take up all my SSD room if I dont have too.
I'm not sure which files you'd want on a slower drive, but yes, using symbolic links that newer versions of Windows support, you can move things around to different drives. You'll likely want to look up a guide to making symbolic links under Windows if you choose to go that route. It seems to be around 6 GB, so you should have plenty of room to fit the entire thing, unless you want to install more games to drive C.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Well if you go too install it the game it self takes up 13GB for the install and then what ever after.