Lt. Commander
I suggest that the specializations drop-down NOT be a single column list that requires scrolling, but instead be changed to a double-column list where we can see all specializations at the same time. It would save A LOT of pointless scrolling.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Can't say I agree at all with this.

Having the split lists allows you to skip any when you looking for specific stuff
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanzir View Post
Can't say I agree at all with this.

Having the split lists allows you to skip any when you looking for specific stuff
Say you're doing the colonial mission that requires biologist, geologist, and quartermaster.

As it stands, you click biologist, scroll scroll, click geologist, scroll scroll, click quartermaster. This is because the jobs are in 1 column and don't all appear at once. If you don't scroll scroll, you click drag the scroll bar. Either way, extra work.

In my proposal, having all jobs show up when you bring up the drop-down list means you click, click, click done. No excessive scrolling or dragging to get the needed jobs to show up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2012, 09:51 AM
i am in favor of this idea!!!

doff system means a LOT of scrolling

i <3 my Logitech G700 with unlockable Scrollwheel just for that reason alone
tried a Razer Naga last week, went crazy because of all the scrolling got me a new G700 again and the Naga goes back to Amazon

the scroll bar itself could also be a bit thicker, i keep missing it, and just a few pixels to the right of the scrollbar it grabs the window and drags it out of place, which is slightly annoying

oh well the UI was never one of the highlights of STO.