Lt. Commander
# 1 Dreadnought Saucer Seperation
02-09-2012, 10:41 AM
OMG did you see Al R. tweet pic of the Galaxy X Dreadnought in a Venture skin SAUCER SEPARATION, oh this is going to change the game, everyone complains about that ship being so slow turning but has awesome firepower with the Phaser Spinal Cannon will be able to move around faster in separation mode, oh boy. Hopefully when its separated it can still shoot the Spinal Cannon, that would be interesting, but I'm guessing not since in theory it would need the power from the rest of the ship to fire it ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 10:55 AM
I might think about considering it if it was on sale then. I play the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit now, I always run separation and love the turn rate on the star drive section and often wondered what it would be like to put cannon on it.

I love "Wave Motion Gun" attack option. I hope they add the Monarch-class costume to it and have an option to take off the third necele, I always thought it looked tacky with that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 11:23 AM
what happened to the dreadnought? i don't see it in the store anymore...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I'd be interested assuming I have the option to pilot either section of the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Sadly it makes no sense whatsoever for the lance to work after separation, as itīs kinda bolted to the saucer section but is obviously getting the energy directly from the warp core in the secondary hull.

Tricky stuff. :p

But at least the cannons would finally make sense now, if they werenīt on the slow (because it biiig) saucer section.

Getting trickier and trickier. :p:p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST
Sadly it makes no sense whatsoever for the lance to work after separation, as itīs kinda bolted to the saucer section but is obviously getting the energy directly from the warp core in the secondary hull.

Tricky stuff. :p

But at least the cannons would finally make sense now, if they werenīt on the slow (because it biiig) saucer section.

Getting trickier and trickier. :p:p
It makes sense that the cannon either won't fire when separated, or will fire at 'low power' (like maybe DBB damage) when separated. But, having a nice star drive section with dual cannons would be quite nice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueamdgamer View Post
OMG did you see Al R. tweet pic of the Galaxy X Dreadnought in a Venture skin SAUCER SEPARATION, oh this is going to change the game, everyone complains about that ship being so slow turning but has awesome firepower with the Phaser Spinal Cannon will be able to move around faster in separation mode, oh boy. Hopefully when its separated it can still shoot the Spinal Cannon, that would be interesting, but I'm guessing not since in theory it would need the power from the rest of the ship to fire it ?
Got a link? BC i Need to see this so i can properly drool.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
gods of valhalla!!! i hope they really do this. i have been grinding for weeks and weeks to get the galaxy x and now after i thought i would be giving up my loved and oh so useful saucersep on the refit galaxy, but now i will actually get to have the drednought WITH saucersep... wooot. i just hope they fix the spinal phaser lance from being a left of center glaring error(i am ocd about semitry, sorry). but i am just more happy now.

if we could only get them to release the ambassidor class and constellation class, and im happy enough to overlook the fact that there are still no other playable factions like romulan, cardassian or well i hope not the feringi(spelling?) well i finish my rant.

Kaiser
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Still no pic posted?

There ya go.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Does it really need saucer separation? The Gal-R would be obsolete, the Odyssey might be less desirable in a light were a Gal-X can separate (which would cost them money, I imagine many with a Gal-x might not be interested in a Odyssey +1) plus it just doesn't make sense unless the lance is inoperable when separated.

This gonna be the c stores cruiser gimmick? Every cruiser has saucer separation? Might as well throw the Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit on that list since hey...their were books that spoke of the excelsior having saucer separation abilities as well!