Lt. Commander
# 1 RN 7/7 Renown issue
04-20-2012, 10:29 AM
I've been trying to get this for over a month now. I've started and completed 3 other chains while waiting to get this. No matter what I get the exact same set of missions each and every time I go to it. I've done them to see if I can get them to change, and it doesn't tried both ways of getting it, still nothing. I have gotten the DVC renown repeatable 3x since waiting for this simple 15 minute mission, am I the only one with the craptastic luck or is something really wrong here,
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 10:49 AM
It's not just you, and it's not just RN

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265249

Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Actually, it really is just random, but there are a lot of factors that go into this.

When the system generates a set of assignments, it filters out all those you don't qualify. This means, assignments on chains you haven't gone far enough on, different faction, different level, etc.

It is deliberately set up so a lot of Colonial assignments show up in star clusters, but there are a LOT of secondary and dependent Colonial assignments which can sometimes crowd out the others. It is possible to make Renowns show up more frequently, but then that will crowd out the number of assignments received before you get to that point.

There are a few options I am considering.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Just my 'druthers but I would rather complete the chain first, and then get the additional colonization assignments - if that contributes to your weighing your options.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Great to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafari_Ken View Post
Just my 'druthers but I would rather complete the chain first, and then get the additional colonization assignments - if that contributes to your weighing your options.
Same!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Actually, it really is just random, but there are a lot of factors that go into this.

When the system generates a set of assignments, it filters out all those you don't qualify. This means, assignments on chains you haven't gone far enough on, different faction, different level, etc.

It is deliberately set up so a lot of Colonial assignments show up in star clusters, but there are a LOT of secondary and dependent Colonial assignments which can sometimes crowd out the others. It is possible to make Renowns show up more frequently, but then that will crowd out the number of assignments received before you get to that point.

Given the fact this particular mission is a one time event, that is very short, I think it having a high priority would be smart. Once its done, you'd be past that part and the repeatable part can retain its current settings. Its frustrating to get the DVC repeatable THREE FULL TIMES before the reward for doing all that work shows up. I've had the same 2 15 min emergency resupply runs come up over and over, and at least one, is "rare"
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:

Like I said in the other post linked in this one...

I visited no less than 30 different Ops officers looking for a 7/7 that wasn't up in sector or on my Ops, with No Joy. That to me seems like something isn't working right.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2012, 02:52 PM
I suggest two things:

1 Join DoffJobs chat channel.

2. visit the DoffJobs Tracker
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
I suggest two things:

1 Join DoffJobs chat channel.

2. visit the DoffJobs Tracker
Thats how I got invited to 30 different bridges...A lot of people have them done so they can't see 7/7. The sheet is nice but has been lacking at times.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-20-2012, 03:02 PM
It still remains the easiest, most efficient method for achieving your goal.