Lt. Commander
# 1 Where are the devs at?
04-20-2012, 01:46 PM
DEVS PLEASE RESPOND TO THE FORUMS NOW!!!!

The community needs to know you still care.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 03:03 PM
They're here nearly every day, both while on the job and at home in their personal time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 04:07 PM
being "here" does not suffice
I do expect professionals (they get paid, donīt they?) to be able to respond to issues at hand (or is it more like hands?!) in max. 24h
but considering "their" style of work, other games and forums will be quite the same: NO RESPONSE AT ALL
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2012, 04:24 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sea...2928&pp=&page=

Several of the Devs post. Some several times a day. We may not always like what they have to say but they communicate far more than any devs I've ever seen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2012, 04:11 AM
They are super fast at jumping into unimportant threads...

Ask about a game breaking bug since beta and ... tumbleweed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sea...2928&pp=&page=

Several of the Devs post. Some several times a day. We may not always like what they have to say but they communicate far more than any devs I've ever seen.

sorry, but as the computer would say: "insufficient data does not compute"...none of the issues spoken of in the last few days seem to be adressed there...so?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2012, 05:21 AM
The Cryptic devs are the most active developers on a forum I've ever seen
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2012, 05:29 AM
yeah i see em on all the time and also in some in game chat very frequently. Most of the time on their off hours. Im very impressed with the dev interaction in this game
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flottenhorst
being "here" does not suffice
I do expect professionals (they get paid, donīt they?) to be able to respond to issues at hand (or is it more like hands?!) in max. 24h
but considering "their" style of work, other games and forums will be quite the same: NO RESPONSE AT ALL
You do realize that "Dev" and a person with a Yellow name are not entirely the same, right? BranFlakes, for example is the Community Manager, and yes, his job does likely entail posting on forums. (Which he does, a lot, all over the forums. And he's awesome.)

Someone like Gecko, on the other hand, is a game developer. He makes things that go IN the game. His activity on the forums is nice, and I certainly appreciate it, but his JOB is not to spend hours patrolling the forums and answering every question he can. If he did that nothing would get IN the game, and people would hate that.

There are posts by Cryptic/STO staff EVERY DAY, many times a day. Sometimes I wonder if TumorBoy has three heads given the cool stuff he has worked on AND been able to post on the forums so much.

Quit whining, and go play.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2012, 09:47 AM
I see major flaws in your post OP:
  • Devs get payed to work in their WORK time... not 24/7
  • Devs should NEVER spend most of their time on a forum, but in whatever coding program they use.
  • Devs have a life (I assume)... They need to tend to that too.
  • Devs have a right to off time... If they don't have off time, they make mistakes and... HEY... Cryptic... Give the devs a weekend without internet...