Lt. Commander
# 1 Colony Chain repeat??
04-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I've finished one of the colony chain assignments. It says you can repeat and get a purple doff on critical. Does that mean I have to get a critical on all 6 parts before the renown?

If now what is repeatable and where is it found? The sector assignments or the operations?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Once you complete the Renown mission, that opens up a repeatable Support mission for the area. Getting a critical on that mission will give you a very rare doff and a refugee. Getting a success will just give you a refugee.

And you can find it either in sector space or Operations.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Since this question often follows, I'll go ahead and chime in:

Support is repeatable, gives you a (common) Refugee on Success.

You get a (common) Refugee and Purple DOFF (a specific one in each cluster) on crit. If you crit the same support a second time, you get another of that same Purple Doff.

Read the Recruitment guide (sticky at top of the DOFF board) for more information.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks, I was wondering about the refugee
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Geez what do I have to do to get a Crit? I put 2 blues and 3 greens, all Diplomats or Advisors, and all I get is a refugee. Twice. :/
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
Geez what do I have to do to get a Crit? I put 2 blues and 3 greens, all Diplomats or Advisors, and all I get is a refugee. Twice. :/
It becomes easier the more purples you get. Also it's not always the best to have only diplomats. I experimented around a bit and now have two diplomats with 2 crit traits each, a fabrication engineer with 3 crit traits and a sensor officer and a warp theorist with 2 crit traits each for a crit chance of 32. So it seems that sometimes crit traits beat success traits.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2012, 02:40 PM
That's because Success traits have a higher weight than Critical traits - when the Failure chance is 0, slotting a doff with a Success trait will reduce the Critical chance.

I typically use 5 purple doffs with 2 Critical traits each (no Advisors or Diplomats), and that gives a 33% Crit chance (2% Failure, 3% Disaster).