Lt. Commander
# 1 Space Pirates!!!
04-20-2012, 06:12 PM
I logged-on today, for the first time in a couple months, only to find someone had gained access to my account and stolen every non-bound item in my inventory. I'm 10 days from my 800 day vet reward, so I had a lot of junk to steal. Countless Samples, Supplies, Energy Credits and just general stuff I had collected over the years was gone. STOLEN.

To the person or persons who purpitrated the crime, I have only one thing to say:

YOU. SUCK. ...a lot.

I know it is just virtual stuff, but it was mine... and I'll miss it.

On that note, I'd like to recomend and remind everyone to give the ol' password a cycle now and then lest this happen to you.

Happy Gaming to you all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-Man
I logged-on today, for the first time in a couple months, only to find someone had gained access to my account and stolen every non-bound item in my inventory. I'm 10 days from my 800 day vet reward, so I had a lot of junk to steal. Countless Samples, Supplies, Energy Credits and just general stuff I had collected over the years was gone. STOLEN.

To the person or persons who purpitrated the crime, I have only one thing to say:

YOU. SUCK. ...a lot.

On that note, I'd like to recomend and remind everyone to give the ol' password a cycle now and then lest this happen to you.

Happy Gaming to you all.
This has happened quite a lot last month. There were a string of hacking incidents due to a keylogger or trojan or something.

The solution is to submit a ticket with the subject HACKED to PWE customer support. They will restore your lost items, hopefully within 1-10 days.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 06:33 PM
It does suck I would start changing your password every month.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Have they found a commonality to the hacking incidnets? Such as an e-mail Phising spam?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Have they found a commonality to the hacking incidnets? Such as an e-mail Phising spam?
It was something like a rogue ad on STOwiki that possibly installed keylogging software. Something to that extent.

The network STOwiki was hosted on was informed and the vulnerability plugged but quite a number fell victim to hacking especially lifetime or older accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
It was something like a rogue ad on STOwiki that possibly installed keylogging software. Something to that extent.

The network STOwiki was hosted on was informed and the vulnerability plugged but quite a number fell victim to hacking especially lifetime or older accounts.
Yea... we never 100% confirmed the source, but it was quite common, and it seems that it was indeed from STOwiki...

Run a AV scan, change your password and send the HACKED mail as suggested above.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Where is Boba Fett when you need him?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2012, 02:59 PM
it seems to be a common thing on many wikis. I had 2 machines down one day from a WoW wiki.

I say it once and I'll say it again - Adblock Plus
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Keep in mind that no legitimate game company will EVER send you emails asking you to confirm account info. There are a lot of scams out there that use this trick.

I feel for you, OP. I had this done to me on another MMO and it's a wretched feeling.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-Man

YOU. SUCK. ...a lot.

Happy Gaming to you all.
Just FYI - If you're willing to open a GM Support ticket with "Account Hacked" in the subject line - there is a good chance Cryptic will ask you for some info (IE the last time you believe you logged in yourself) - and will roll back your character to that date (they also tell you up front that any progress you made if you were playing the character again after you sent the ticket will be lost as it's a rollback of your character to the dataset that existed on a particular date.)