Lt. Commander
# 11
04-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Yup I bought a few keys to give these lockboxes a go. after 3 "meh" items I got nailed with a single lobi crystal.

$1 for an item you need to collect at least 30 of to get anything remotely of value.

Have not bought a single key since. I MAY try one gold box if I happen to find one....though at this point I kinna doubt it, I've tossed enough money into the C store in the month and a half I've played.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
Everyone has been demanding dev's to talk about lockboxes and now that they do you are annoyed that they are?
It was lock box promotion, you want more of that I take it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-21-2012, 08:11 AM
The lock boxes are like a poison killing off what hope anyone had for this game. I guess its not too much to ask to make a product then sell it to make money off of it. It's gotta be this gimmick to make something and then you have to have a chance to get it.

The other thing too is they keep talking about how its funding the "dev dollars". Not seeing much at all from the dollars being spent. Better be something to make my socks take flight because we see more podcasts than content unless they count that as content.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Al said that the reason they didnt put the Lobi items in the GPL store is because they only want the GPL store items to be cosmetic, not have any combat value. Ok, so why didnt you put the clothing items there?
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Al said that the reason they didnt put the Lobi items in the GPL store is because they only want the GPL store items to be cosmetic, not have any combat value. Ok, so why didnt you put the clothing items there?
Good question TGN, Really good question. Now, lets see if we get answer.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-21-2012, 01:53 PM
This was a pretty good interview, and I loved hearing about the potential ship designs.

- The Tholian NPC critter concept sounds rad (and complicated)
- Port and starboard torpedoes are insane
- I'm torn between which I want first: the Andorian ship or the Vesta (SCIENCE!).

The rewards are definitely getting better for the lockboxes. The only junk is the shield stack, and arguably the CXP if one doesn't care for the DOFF system.

That said, I got two boxes w/Combat Holograms and Lobi Crystals in each. Picked up the surprisingly long Rules of Acquesition and have an extra Hologram box for my fleet. Not bad, as long as I don't get another Combat pet.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-22-2012, 02:51 AM
I always enjoy Al Rivera when he chats, but..... It's probably sour grapes. Well... I am sure it's sour grapes, but the hosts struck me as sycophantic over Al during his intro, and the yukking about pulling TWO damned Ferengi ships almost inspired me to terminate playback. I didn't, and it wasn't a bad show.

You fortunate minuscule Infinitesimal few who win, and also happen to host podcasts, really need to understand that that fecal matter really urinates the vast masses of lock box losers off to no end.

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira-sensei View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd NEVER buy a Lock Box. BUT it is a sensible way for Cryptic to earn money, of which at least a certain percentage is re-invested into the game...
So as long as the boxes do not decisively alter my game experience, e.g., I get the feeling I HAVE to buy them in order to compete, I'm perfectly fine with them!

Neverthless, that PO podcast's kinda lame, tho...
My only real objection to them is when they spawn in the middle of a battle and suddenly you have this huge box blocking your view! Why do they need to be that big? The regular loot drop avatar isn't that obstructive... the boxes don't need to be, either.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippsavage
A Lock Box episode? Really?

Unbelievable.
I vote for you having the best Sig. I've seen to date !
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Lockboxes are nothing short of selling-out to make a game that makes revenue off the frenzied desire of a playerbase's need to feel special among the crowd and be the player that has the newest rarest toy.
Why not make the game something special instead of just pimping it to the masses.