Lt. Commander
Was thinking on how there's the special reward BOFFs from the FE series and there are other races out there that people want to be able to play and/or add to their bridge crew and it occurred to me that it might be interesting to use the DOFF system to BOFFs of these races out there in a limited fashion.

The idea is that at Recruitment Rank 4 there would be a set of assignment chains unlocked and at the end of each you would recieve a special BOFF as the reward. Is this something that's been considered before? If it's not is it something that could be considered?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2012, 02:08 PM
It's a good idea; the challenge is that new bridge officers are very expensive in development time to make.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
It's a good idea; the challenge is that new bridge officers are very expensive in development time to make.
What about making existing BOFFs that are no longer available through normal means available again? Like the ones rewarded for completing the Reman and Breen FEs and/or the promotional ones like the Photonic Science Officer?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2012, 08:10 PM
I like this idea. I just got some sort of espionage BO mission for a Ferengi... would be even cooler to have other missions like this that reward unique or special species.

Even if it's not a unique race, chains that reward BOs that have all superior traits or something like that would be pretty sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I love this idea...there's plenty of people that have missed out on the various "special" BOFF's about, and this would be a great way to allow them to get them
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

I am pretty sure nobody would mind BOFFs looking the same (at the time of recruitment) - the first costume/body/face change is free.
So, why not take the standard starting costume from the player character generator for the missing species?

for starters:

copy the BOFF
create a three very rare recruitment assignments for each branch
Disaster, Failure: nothing,
Success: random blue BOFF from the roster,
Critical: moderate chance, Benzite, purple, just one variant, fixed traits etc., maybe rare BOFF ability

later:
rare assignment
Success: random purple BOFF from the new roster of yet not existing species
Critical: low chance, two BOFFs

Just to experiment with the concept and see where to go from there?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36
What about making existing BOFFs that are no longer available through normal means available again? Like the ones rewarded for completing the Reman and Breen FEs and/or the promotional ones like the Photonic Science Officer?
I would assume they will do replay weeks again at some point...