Lt. Commander
Alright... We know that the STF guns are supposed to be designed to kill the Borg. That is their whole concept for being created but besides the Honor Guard Shotty they fail at this. Most of these guns are only as good as any normal anti-borg weapon which makes no sense. So here is how I would change them to fix this problem and why.

Set: Honor Guard
Type: Pulsewave
Change: I would make the Melee the strength of a comparable one handed sword and remove the shared cooldown of the grenade launcher.
Reasoning: This weapon has a blade on it and the Klingons love melee combat. It only makes sense that with that blade this should deal more significant Melee damage than it does. This gun is the ONLY gun with a shared cooldown for its secondary fire. No other weapon in the game has to put up with this problem and I feel it is largely unfair to penalize a tactical officer for using this gun by limiting their grenade access.
Special Note: The Animation for the Grenade often fails to play and needs to be looked at.

Set: MACO
Type: Sniper Rifle
Change: Make the Secondary Shot always remodulated so that it always hits with full force.
Reasoning: Why was this seemingly standard issue anti-borg Sniper Rifle designed for the MACO? It is nothing special at all. I would generally rather run with an Anti-Proton Rifle with more damaging critical hits than this weapon. However, Phasers are KNOWN for their ability to be quickly remodulated so with a weapon this specially designed it should be able to compensate for adaptation with its largest blast. The gun should scan the Borg thoroughly before firing its Sniper Shot and then unleash this remodulated shot. This would bring it in line with the Honor Guard Pulsewave allowing it to always have one viable shot.

Set: Omega
Type: Full Auto Rifle
Change: Change the Primary Fire to Phaser damage but switch the Secondary to Disruptor.
Reasoning: This gun was designed by the combined efforts of Starfleet and the KDF correct? Then why does it seem to only represent Starfleet? With this change you make it harder for the Borg to adapt because it manages to fire two completely different types of energy at them and it combines the famous weapons of both sides into one. It seems very fitting and would make it a lot more desirable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 08:28 PM
A better use of the Maco secondary shot would be a projectile round. It wouldn't need to be remodulated and it would hit even harder as it bypassed the shield by 50%. It would be closer to the TR-116 that the fans have been clamoring for but wouldn't include the Transporter function.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 08:34 PM
would have been a great way to make the tr116 scaleable and different versions of it. i give it to a bo whenever i face borg. saves them from haveing to remodulate.

why is there no tr116 besides the target one!?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
A better use of the Maco secondary shot would be a projectile round. It wouldn't need to be remodulated and it would hit even harder as it bypassed the shield by 50%. It would be closer to the TR-116 that the fans have been clamoring for but wouldn't include the Transporter function.
Problem there is that it is obviously a beam rifle. It even opens up and fires a powerful blast so it makes no sense to suddenly go all Kinetic. On the other hand it is a very sophisticated Phaser Rifle and should be able to automod itself for at least that one charge up shot.