Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Crashes from Map Editing
04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Error Message ID: 13800639

My client crashes every time U click on the "Maps" tab in the Foundry.

This started this week and was not previously an issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Error Message ID: 13800639

My client crashes every time U click on the "Maps" tab in the Foundry.

This started this week and was not previously an issue.
I was working on my next mission tonight and did not experience this. Can anyone else confirm?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Not only did I not run into this, I did created a KDF version of a few maps and never had this issue.

Force Verify, restart your PC, and try again. That's the only thing I can suggest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-20-2012, 09:54 PM
I worked on my mission today as well, and didn't encounter any issues similar to the one described.*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Not only did I not run into this, I did created a KDF version of a few maps and never had this issue.

Force Verify, restart your PC, and try again. That's the only thing I can suggest.
I did two Force Verify. I have never had a crash that could be fixed by a Force Verify in the past, though, and have had a persistent issue periodically with patch files getting corrupted by updates.

I'll try to delete my HOGGs and redownload.

I wonder if it's relevant that my mission uses the Utopia Planitia map and/or out of bounds portions of ESD.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I wonder if it's relevant that my mission uses the Utopia Planitia map and/or out of bounds portions of ESD.
It's probably that. I'm not using ESD nor UP in the missions I worked on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Just re-downloaded the client.

Created a new Foundry mission. Confirmed that the Utopia Planitia map causes the crash.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Just re-downloaded the client.

Created a new Foundry mission. Confirmed that the Utopia Planitia map causes the crash.
I guess that makes sense. Foundry broke when they added UP to begin with. They might need to give the code a once-over.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I did two Force Verify. I have never had a crash that could be fixed by a Force Verify in the past, though, and have had a persistent issue periodically with patch files getting corrupted by updates.

I'll try to delete my HOGGs and redownload.

I wonder if it's relevant that my mission uses the Utopia Planitia map and/or out of bounds portions of ESD.

I'm using a bound part of ESD, and I didn't experience this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-21-2012, 01:02 PM
It's probably because Cryptic decided to put alot of work into the Utopia Planitia Map. It also could be lockboxes that are flooding Utopia Planitia....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 AM.