Lt. Commander
# 1 I Hate This Game
04-21-2012, 04:37 AM
I'm done, I'm fed up with it.

Lock boxes, F2P, etc. whatever. This is a game with a Star Trek skin, but it's as shallow as a kid's swimming pool. I can't express my frustration with the lack of Star Trek feel. How it fails to create a character, how I see 100 ships all flying about in a non-trek fashion. I came back for five minutes and decided I was done with it. I've played flash Star Trek games better than this.

And I'm a lifetime sub.

How is this being passed off for a game? I can't even recommend any improvements because it feels too far gone. I know there are a ton of posts like this, but I think there needs to be a done of posts like this. I loved this game for the ships and trek feel, but when it was released it felt more like Trek than it does now. Now it feels like a poor man's version of a stock market. And only a poor man because you have to spend an arm and a leg to get the latest and greatest.

Back to Star Wars where I actually feel the universe sinking in.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskiblu
I'm done, I'm fed up with it.

Lock boxes, F2P, etc. whatever. This is a game with a Star Trek skin, but it's as shallow as a kid's swimming pool. I can't express my frustration with the lack of Star Trek feel. How it fails to create a character, how I see 100 ships all flying about in a non-trek fashion. I came back for five minutes and decided I was done with it. I've played flash Star Trek games better than this.

And I'm a lifetime sub.

How is this being passed off for a game? I can't even recommend any improvements because it feels too far gone. I know there are a ton of posts like this, but I think there needs to be a done of posts like this. I loved this game for the ships and trek feel, but when it was released it felt more like Trek than it does now. Now it feels like a poor man's version of a stock market. And only a poor man because you have to spend an arm and a leg to get the latest and greatest.

Back to Star Wars where I actually feel the universe sinking in.
Oddly enough, if you make a few changes:

"This is a movie with a Star Trek skin, but it's as shallow as a kid's swimming pool. I can't express my frustration with the lack of Star Trek feel. How it fails to create a character, how I see ships all flying about in a non-trek fashion. I came back for five minutes and decided I was done with it."

It resembles how I feel about the 2009 Trek movie.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Oddly enough, if you make a few changes
It resembles how I feel about the 2009 Trek movie.

I feel your pain
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2012, 05:18 AM
let me take this apart...

"how I see 100 ships all flying about in a non-trek fashion"

sense when there was a "star-trek fashion"?

"Lock boxes, F2P, etc"

Lock boxes are annoying I do agree but as in F2P, theres alot of people who are good at STO but some cannot afford to pay a montly subscrition like you, or even able too. So havint the game as an F2P was a good idea in my point of view.

"Now it feels like a poor man's version of a stock market. And only a poor man because you have to spend an arm and a leg to get the latest and greatest"

This is true with ANY game, you always spend money, and i do mean always, if they dont make money they will find a way to make money thats the way companys roll.

And to really see the star-trek feel that you are looking for, i suggest going to the borg sector, because that hasnt changed much and its really fun fighting up against them.

Anyways good luck on Star Wars, someday that game will become F2P as well because thats happening alot nowdays.

Regards,

testament.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2012, 05:19 AM
You don't see 100+ ships flying in this cluster... well you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testament7
let me take this apart...

"how I see 100 ships all flying about in a non-trek fashion"

sense when there was a "star-trek fashion"?

"Lock boxes, F2P, etc"

Lock boxes are annoying I do agree but as in F2P, theres alot of people who are good at STO but some cannot afford to pay a montly subscrition like you, or even able too. So havint the game as an F2P was a good idea in my point of view.

"Now it feels like a poor man's version of a stock market. And only a poor man because you have to spend an arm and a leg to get the latest and greatest"

This is true with ANY game, you always spend money, and i do mean always, if they dont make money they will find a way to make money thats the way companys roll.

And to really see the star-trek feel that you are looking for, i suggest going to the borg sector, because that hasnt changed much and its really fun fighting up against them.

Anyways good luck on Star Wars, someday that game will become F2P as well because thats happening alot nowdays.

Regards,

testament.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Lock boxes aside, whenever I see threads like these all I can think about is that family guy episode:

Stewie: "I DON'T LIKE CHAAANGE!"
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2012, 07:29 AM
That's your mileage, not mine. I've had a sub since July and I'm still having a grand time with the game. Old friends came back and they can't stop gushing about it. We all look for different things in our game experience. I'm entirely sure, however, that venting your hate in the forum will not prompt anyone to change the game any which way. It'll be just another whine thread and there's only so much attention overwhelming negativity really deserves. Have fun in your new game, whatever it is...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2012, 07:40 AM
I keep forgetting that I'm in America when I play this asian game. STO has fallen so far. I'd kill for a successful Star Trek MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskiblu
You don't see 100+ ships flying in this cluster... well you know.
Hmm, Could this be the reason why? Latest stats from steam, read from it what you will.
2,588 2,588 DC Universe Online
2,555 2,716 Star Trek Online

While i dont' agree with everything the OP said; Plenty of things about the game bug me now. Yes they have to make money, but to be honest, lock boxes are NOT a long term method of doing so. Seriously look around, more and more folks are tiring of them. Personally I'd wager if they had put the Costume parts in the store, they'd have sold decently enough. Folks have Ferengi crew, and some of them would have bought them for that reason. They aren't looking long term and it is evident in several of the decisions they've made recently. It will more than likely end up hurting them because of it, time will be the judge.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2012, 03:29 PM
If you don't like it, why are you complaining about it in the forums?
Closed Thread