Lt. Commander
# 1 cant equip all officers
04-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I am a lvl 22 cmdr flying a excelsior class. Though I have a empty engineering officer slot. anytime i try to commission a new officer it says there is no room.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2012, 01:09 PM
A Silver player can commission up to four bridge officers at a time at the Commander level. You probably commissioned an extra Science or Tactical officer that you can't slot into a station (I made that mistake myself). You can buy two more Boff slots on the C-Store, and you'll get a fifth slot for free at Captain and a sixth at Rear Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2012, 01:26 PM
so basically i have to get rid of one of my lvled up officers LAME
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywizard00
Just had another guy do this over the weekend http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=267446

Nothing lame about it, you need to be aware of what boffs you commission and what ships you want to use. As a silver you have limited slot options and have to manage them and plan ahead for the type of ship you want to fly if you don't want to purchase slots. Buying boff slots is one of the options that really pay off because they give you much more flexibility to use different setups against different foes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Go Gold
better still go gold and get some more slots
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
You get what you pay for... being silver, I think you have little reason to complain, since you payed nothing for thoose slots.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-30-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Or you buy slots in the C-Store.

You can also keep the Bridge Officer contact messages in your mission journal without resolving them.
You can also offer Bridge Officers you haven't yet comissioned on the Exchange. You can also abuse that for extended storage - just set some ridicilous price on them. Eventually the auction offer will run out and it will be returned to you - via mail. You can also simply not take them out of that mail. ALso, I believe if all your slots are full and you take it anyway, it will be put in your inventory (but beware, I believe you can't move it anywhere in that inventory.)

If you find some rare BOFFs you don't expect to need, you can sell them on the Exchange. (Auxillary to Structural Integritify Field III at least used to be very popular. Beam Overload III is good as well, as is Transfer Shield Strength III.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Buy additional slots from the C-store. Buying additional Ship, Boff and Doff expansion slots are well worth the money in the long term to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm gold, and I still bought extra Boff slots. Just shows how useful they are.