Lt. Commander
# 11
04-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
Perfect time to make a PvP Podcast....??:p
Yes! Let's finally get this show on the road.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
Yes! Let's finally get this show on the road.
" Do it right!" staring...Jorf!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-21-2012, 05:26 PM
I wanna be the second string noobscort in the pod cast!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo

Also lets keep in mind all the great things gozer has done in stf development... in 2 years he created... 3 poorly designed, balanced, and unengaging instances.... Oh my bad 4... but the 4th is so bad and buggy no one even remembers it. These STFs later got broken up into 6 boring, poorly balanced, and unengaging instances.
Yep, we're boned.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
From today's Stoked. Discuss amongst yourselves.
i still think gozer needs to be fired. the new respwn timer is lame and mk12 drops yet to be seen. whats the drop rate 1.2%?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
i still think gozer needs to be fired. the new respwn timer is lame and mk12 drops yet to be seen. whats the drop rate 1.2%?
its above 1% ?
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-21-2012, 09:10 PM
A shame I missed what sounds like an Epicly needed to listen to Stoked. Oh well.. I'll wait for the edited version on Tuesday I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-22-2012, 02:31 AM
to say the stfs are tragically bad and all that is rather harsh. ignoring for the moment all the problems with every npc in game, the 3 remastered ones are a well setup missions that actually require a bit of strategy and cooperation. i think gozer did a good job on them, they only suffer from having horrible npc's that are nothing even remotely like player ships.

player ship- up to 8 weapons, small hitpoints, many heals, many buffs, and constant pinprick damage

npcs- 2 weapons, usually 1 beam and 1 torpedo, maybe a mine or duel cannon sometimes too. 10-100 times more hitpoints then a player ship, no heals. 1 or 2 buffs, and CRIPPLING SHIP SHATTERING DAMAGE per shot, especially per torpedo.

donotra firing a photon spread 3 can wipe a whole team. a single non heavy plasma torp can 1 shot you or at least take more then half of a cruisers hitpoints, when a full shield facing is hit.

all npc's are basically tier 2 ships, they built them to be comparable to players up to that point and then they said **** it and just added a 1 in front of the hitpoint number and weapon damage number, to simulate getting stronger as the player levels. its crap, and the result is a player base that's biblicaly terrible at the game when those are their only opponents, compared to someone who pvps all the time. elite mode just cranks up the stupidity by adding a 10 in front of hit points and damage number. the d'deridex defender is proof that the ai can handle healing itself to the most basic degree, its time to make that thing the norm, at least on higher difficulty levels

cryptic, you will NEVER fix the borg npc's by taking away their ability to critical, lowering their damage, crap like that. they are still only firing 1 staggeringly powerful weapon at a time, with every shot that connects being a kick to the nuts. you need to half their damage, and double the number of weapons they have. or cut it by a third and triple the number of weapons they have. our ships can deal with contents pin ***** damage, that's something we can react to, even if its heavy damage. all 1 shots would be gone if this were done, and people that tank, heal and support would be useful. support is irreverent when 90% of the deaths are 1 shots.

this is the only way to make the stfs work correctly, make the npc's more like player ships. slash their hitpoints too and give them something like 'borg team', all 3 team skills applied at once. 90% of the survivability of player ships is from heals or the evasion score. npc's have nether, this is an INCORRECT design direction. again, make them more like player ships and 90% of the valid complaining about npcs and stfs will go away.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-22-2012, 02:37 AM
It would also make PvP balance in general much easier. If it worked in PvE it would work in PvP.

Granted there is a good part of the PvE Pop that would have a hard time adjusting to having to counter things instead of just smacking buttons when they light up.

Really they don't need to program some Hal 10,000 level AI... all they have to do is program 5-6 best practice skill rolls and have the borg randomly scroll through them till there dead. Give them a chance to roll there borg team counter when something hits them... Reduce there hit points... shield points and give them heals. I know crazy idea NPCS with heals... it can't be done I tell ya. lol
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-22-2012, 02:44 AM
For those of us not watching on livestream what was said by who?

Also... Give us Heretic!