Career Officer
# 171
10-21-2012, 12:33 PM
i seem to be getting this error on every mission i play
have to close the game and reopen
Starfleet Veteran
# 172
10-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Got it on my playthrough of Rapier yesterday, since it was the last part prior to completing the mission I just let it sit and took up the next mission.
Ensign
I was able to resolve the issue when doing the Rapier mission by restarting my computer and go to Support>Force Verify in the Launcher before starting the game.

It might not work for everyone, but it worked for me.
Commander
# 174
10-21-2012, 02:25 PM
it did it for me as well while I was about to do the final breen mission "cold storage"
Ensign
# 175
10-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I put in a support ticket. This is what I got back.

Hello,

First try to Force Verify by going to Options > Force Verify from the launcher, then let that complete.

Also try to run in safe mode.

You can try disabling on demand patching and see if that helps too.

Try to drop the mission, re-log, then pick up the mission again.

You can try logging into another character, lower the video/graphic effects, and then go back and login to the trouble character to see if that helps.

If you need further help, please let us know if it only happens on one character, that character?s name, and any quest(s) you were doing and where you were in the game.

Also, is your character fully stuck? Are you able to log back in and play other missions and visit other areas?

Sincerely,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team
https://support.perfectworld.com/

Told them I tried all of that, and reported on a cpl other broke missions. Now they wont even reply.
Career Officer
# 176
10-21-2012, 06:56 PM
This issue is also present in Cutting the Cord.

I sent in a ticket, #1413169

I've done this mission on my main Science character ages ago, but was helping a guildie who wanted the accolade. On the last part after destroying the Iconian gateway, we were to beam up and I got the error. My guildies were able to beam back to space with no issues though.

I tried the solutions suggested here (for some reason, when I Force Verify, nothing happens), restarted the PC, and tried to do the missions twice by myself, but still getting the "Couldn't Transfer Character" error. Another guildie of mine is trying to do Cutting Accord on his Klingon, but is also stuck.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91865899000&type=sigpic&dateline=13413  71862
Ensign
# 177
10-21-2012, 06:56 PM
I have had the same issues on Rapier and Cold Storage. When I submitted the ticket for the Rapier issue I was told that they will look into the issue, and that I should look for a resolution on the forums.

Yet all I find here is that everyone else is having the same issue....glad I am paying for things that do not work.
Career Officer
# 178
10-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvnswords View Post
Hey everyone,

Trying to lend a hand to the Devs, thought it might be handy to consolidate all the Missions and Systems affected by this bug.

Breen Series
Cold Storage: Lae'nas System

Romulan Series :
Researcher Rescue : Kassae System.

Cardassian Series:
Raipier : DS9 Wormhole

Anyone have more to add (Current Oct 20 2012)
Add this mission, per my earlier post as I know it affects more than one person...

Reman Series:
Cutting the Cord: Brea System (when you beam out after destroying the Gateway)
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91865899000&type=sigpic&dateline=13413  71862
Ensign
# 179
10-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Klingon science, can;t get into Cutting Cord either
Commander
# 180
10-21-2012, 10:55 PM
tryed doing the breen mission again and its still cannot transfer character
Closed Thread