Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-01-2011, 01:42 PM
My character is still stuck on Qu'Nos, guess they are punishing me for calling my Klingon Justin Bieber. Its but its been 3 days now, I've have been moved once which worked for about an hour, since then the same problem with the same toon has occurred. As of yet I've updated my Ticket twice with no replay, and created a new one with only a copy and paste replay. Please sort it out.
Lt. Commander
Can't speak for others of course, but this is what worked for me.
I got stuck on the mission 'Everything old is New', on the part where I had to take the portal to 23rd.
Everytime I tried to enter the portal back in time, I got the well known message:
'Couldn't transfer character' and then I got logged out.
Sucked pretty much, since I was about to level up from level 19 to 20, trying to beat my son who is level 22 atm. Grrrrmbl-feelings, I can tell you.

So what I did:
- Beamed up to ship
- Changed Instance (Top right on the minimap,left-click servername #3, chose another instance)
- Went back into the portal
And that worked for me, I was a happy player again.

Maybe something to try out before asking the Support team, but I still think this bug (or what we officially call a Problem in IT-world -when such a big user group is having a recurring incident over a large period of time- ) needs to be looked into since I see this problem popping up the fora for years already, with some players even getting so angry about it that they say they want to leave the game after spending hours of work in their characters.

Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2012, 09:47 PM
I just got the same error. Still can't log in.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2012, 11:00 PM
To fix the beam to station/planet, simply choose Beam Down, then on officer selection just switch all officers to different slots then it should work.
Lt. Commander
# 25 "Couldn't Transfer Character"
04-21-2012, 03:39 PM
I keep this message each time I try to go into Fluidic Space on the mission Fluid Dynamics. Digging around and could not find anyone else having the issue...or people are addressing the problem differently than I am looking.

Though I gave up and skipped it as I don't know if it is really a major bug or I am just cursed?. Yet mission out on that bit of story is a bit depressing as I've worked out greatly long all the stories not skipping one but that one.

Though out of all of the game. This is the first Major bug that I ran across. Yet the annoying Lock boxes are another matter...they are as bad as Tribbles...or maybe they are Tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
I have gotten a similar bug on a recent new character I made. Just started him today and was going to do the Stranded in Space mission.

Went to rescue the SS Azura and as I approached the area to start the mission, I got a Couldn't transfer character error message.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-21-2012, 09:58 PM
I have the same problem, Couldn't Transfer Character on the Fluid Dynamics mission
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I have the same error in the Q's mission (the last mission in the borg front)

Do you try to reinstall the game?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-22-2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNmarc View Post
I have the same error in the Q's mission (the last mission in the borg front)

Do you try to reinstall the game?
Having that problem too. Maybe I'll verify game files and see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-22-2012, 03:14 AM
i reinstall the game but its not fixed!!!

Pls Help!!!
Closed Thread