Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomLake32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Sorry to hear that. (And Congrats! (?)) Hopefully someone is busy running a fiber line to your front door right now . . .
Are I quit threads not against the forum rules?...Enforce them universally or don't enforce them at all....
He's a dev not a community manager.. he doesn't have to enforce anything! Tumorboy has been known to make more trouble than most around here... :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomLake32
Are I quit threads not against the forum rules?...Enforce them universally or don't enforce them at all....
technicly yes but this is different most "i quits" are of ppl raging this is the opposite

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
He's a dev not a community manager.. he doesn't have to enforce anything! Tumorboy has been known to make more trouble than most around here... :p
well he does to an extent but tumerboy is kewl enough to let this one slide
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-22-2012, 02:27 PM
At least you didn't leave because you didn't like the game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-22-2012, 04:39 PM
All I can say is.... the wife has to go.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I vote for letting this "I quit" post remain left, open and without infraction
/signed

Good Journey & Someday, We Shall See You Again
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
All I can say is.... the wife has to go.
rofl! too funny
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Hopefully wherever you end up has a good Internet connection...maybe then we'll see you again in the future. In the meantime, live long and prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Ok just a thought I have the same problem. So I use a Verzion 4G MiFi and as long as I have 2 bar or better I can play. So just a thought even if the signal bad I can still play the Doff system it may help to keep you in since its free to play now
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Lang View Post
Ok just a thought I have the same problem. So I use a Verzion 4G MiFi and as long as I have 2 bar or better I can play. So just a thought even if the signal bad I can still play the Doff system it may help to keep you in since its free to play now

I thought about that but I was told it wouldn't work by verizon. On that note, we have shotty cell phone signal in our home. BUT... late, really late last night i decided to try and connect again and I actually got to mess around in sector space and ESD. The internet service I have told me STO wouldnt work. The latency issue. But it did. I am going to keep trying to play. What is aggravating is the DL usage limit. When updates come out I have DL during the alloted time where it doesn't impact my DL usage. That time is between 3 and 7 am. IDK, maybe not all is lost for me everyone. Oh and sorry if I broke any rules with this being an I quit post.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I hear that, I'm a fix PCs and I've seen the that even in decent sized suburbs there STILL some places you can't get high speed. I had a customer who was ONE MILE away from WiMAX and it was an an older part of town.

Perhaps there needs to be a text version of STO

You are in a Cruiser
>Go to Azha

You are in a cruiser in Azha
>Scan for enemies

3 Romulan Warbirds decloaking
>Fire Phasers

Enemy Firing
>Emergency Power to Shields

All joking aside sorry to hear that. You should call any nearby ISPs alot to get them to run a line. Maybe get with your neighbors and send a joint letter. If they see the customers are there m-a-y-b-e the might run a line.

As for running updates, if you have a laptop, install STO and do the updates at the local library take the laptop home and copy the STO folder over.
Closed Thread