Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasten_Blaster View Post
well he does to an extent but tumerboy is kewl enough to let this one slide
. . . sure. . . we'll go with that. . .
*In reality, I have 0 powers on the forums, and very few in game. I cannot edit anyone's posts, close threads, or any of that fancy CS/GM stuff. Our Community Mods are more powerful than I or most other devs on these forums. The best I could do is send a link to Flakey, and tell him to do something about it.

Chrislove, where did you move? Are you doing some fancy penguin research on penguins in Antarctica or something!? <3 Penguins.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-22-2012, 11:38 PM
This is not an 'I QUIT' Thread...

It's a ' Very Reluctantly Saying Goodbye, Till I Get Better Internet Service in My New Home' Thread.

Big Difference.

It's also a 'My Wife Won' Thread...

When ya get decent service back... get the Mrs. hooked on the game....


Though that might ruin yer love-life.

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Salute!!!

Have a great journey!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
Its true, after playing a game that has entertained me so much for the last 3 years to the point that it would cause fights with my wife... I have to say goodbye. About a month ago we closed on our new home... good times. The place is great BUT, there is no good internet service. Sure I have sattetlite internet, now. But in no way am I able to play the game I love so much. I am actually heartbroken. It feels wierd putting that in here but lets face it, we all love Star Trek, and if it was somehow ripped out of your hands without warning I think this community would feel the same way I do. Some might even feel worse. I will however be keeping track of whats happening in game by the website and I will never for as long as I live delete the game from computer. So, with a heavy heart and relunctant hands to type this, so long STO. Thanks for the fun and all the sleep deprived nights. And the fights with my wife on what I care about more, her or STO, well, she is more important but you are a close as hell second.

Live Long And Prosper
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
. . . sure. . . we'll go with that. . .
*In reality, I have 0 powers on the forums, and very few in game. I cannot edit anyone's posts, close threads, or any of that fancy CS/GM stuff. Our Community Mods are more powerful than I or most other devs on these forums. The best I could do is send a link to Flakey, and tell him to do something about it.

Chrislove, where did you move? Are you doing some fancy penguin research on penguins in Antarctica or something!? <3 Penguins.

I moved 15 minutes away from my last home to a small place called Harrisville, NY. A rural place. Not alot to do here so the researching penguins in Antartica sounds like fun lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomLake32
Are I quit threads not against the forum rules?...Enforce them universally or don't enforce them at all....
My thoughts exactly, it is, by definition a I quit thread, though a nice one. Rules are rules, enforce them equally or do not. However if you do not, then you must indeed realise that ANYTHING goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasten_Blaster View Post
technicly yes but this is different most "i quits" are of ppl raging this is the opposite
well he does to an extent but tumerboy is kewl enough to let this one slide
Does not matter if it is different, if it fits the definition, it is against the rules. As I said above, Enforce them equally or, do not, but be prepared to face the reactions of that, action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
This is not an 'I QUIT' Thread...

It's a ' Very Reluctantly Saying Goodbye, Till I Get Better Internet Service in My New Home' Thread.
Big Difference.
It's also a 'My Wife Won' Thread...
When ya get decent service back... get the Mrs. hooked on the game....
Though that might ruin yer love-life.

<chuckle>
No Difference, its still an I quit thread, or more of the wife and new house is making me quit.
And that is still against the rules.

Enforce the rules,

or don't.

Either way, if you do , fine, every one knows where they stand, if you don't, then you get what you get.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomLake32
Are I quit threads not against the forum rules?...Enforce them universally or don't enforce them at all....
Except that it's not really an 'I quit' thread.

It's an 'Reluctantly leaving' thread. It's the difference between telling your boss to stick it at a job you disliked and saying a fond farewell to old colleagues and leaving a job that you enjoyed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Are I quit threads not against the forum rules?...Enforce them universally or don't enforce them at all....
This is a "Goodbye" post, not a "I quit" post.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
I thought about that but I was told it wouldn't work by verizon. On that note, we have shotty cell phone signal in our home. BUT... late, really late last night i decided to try and connect again and I actually got to mess around in sector space and ESD. The internet service I have told me STO wouldnt work. The latency issue. But it did. I am going to keep trying to play. What is aggravating is the DL usage limit. When updates come out I have DL during the alloted time where it doesn't impact my DL usage. That time is between 3 and 7 am. IDK, maybe not all is lost for me everyone. Oh and sorry if I broke any rules with this being an I quit post.
Since you can still play to some degree it's not an I quit post, since you haven't gone anywhere. I was about to say sad to see you go, but now I can say good to hear you can hang around occasionally
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-23-2012, 01:14 AM
get her full set of Star trek DVD sets, original, Next Gen, DP9, Voyager, and Enterprise set.

maybe that will hook her in and play as your partner.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30 Agree!
04-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylonus
get her full set of Star trek DVD sets, original, Next Gen, DP9, Voyager, and Enterprise set.

maybe that will hook her in and play as your partner.
That's only one way! Join your wife to this comunity!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.